Tuesday, September 28, 2010

NIPTO, Day 233

Not a whole lot has happened since I posted last.
I ate dinner with Mom, went over PSAT stuff with Mom and Dad, watched Chuck, went to bed. Pretty boring. I did wake up in the middle of the night because there was a huge storm and the thunder was literally shaking the house... But I went back to sleep.

And now I'm here. In the morning of all times. Blogging.
Because today is going to be insane. And if I don't do this now, I'm not sure if it'll get done! (It would, I just wouldn't have very happy parents tonight when I get home at 10...)
My schedule today: Do school until 2:30, go to Urban Vision and volunteer from 3 to 6. Help with Ballet from 6-7. Go to dance and have Jazz (7:30-8:30) and Modern (8:30-9:30) and then come home and crash. I'm sooooo happy I don't have Spanish tomorrow! (Rosh Hashana starts. (Yes, that's a Jewish holiday. No, I'm not Jewish. Yes, I go to a (Messianic) Jewish school.))

Sooooo here's NIPTO for the day :)

Joshua 10:29-43
29 Then Joshua and all Israel with him moved on from Makkedah to Libnah and attacked it. 30 The LORD also gave that city and its king into Israel's hand. The city and everyone in it Joshua put to the sword. He left no survivors there. And he did to its king as he had done to the king of Jericho.


Joshua goes out and attacks another city. God gave it to them. He killed everyone. The end.




 31 Then Joshua and all Israel with him moved on from Libnah to Lachish; he took up positions against it and attacked it. 32The LORD handed Lachish over to Israel, and Joshua took it on the second day. The city and everyone in it he put to the sword, just as he had done to Libnah. 33 Meanwhile, Horam king of Gezer had come up to help Lachish, but Joshua defeated him and his army—until no survivors were left.


Joshua and Israel moved on. They attacked Lachish. God gave them Lachish. They killed everyone. And during that time, Horam, the king of Gezer (makes me think of an old geezer =P), came to Lachish to help, but Joshua killed all of them too.



 
34 Then Joshua and all Israel with him moved on from Lachish to Eglon; they took up positions against it and attacked it. 35They captured it that same day and put it to the sword and totally destroyed everyone in it, just as they had done to Lachish.
 
36 Then Joshua and all Israel with him went up from Eglon to Hebron and attacked it. 37 They took the city and put it to the sword, together with its king, its villages and everyone in it. They left no survivors. Just as at Eglon, they totally destroyed it and everyone in it.
 
38 Then Joshua and all Israel with him turned around and attacked Debir. 39 They took the city, its king and its villages, and put them to the sword. Everyone in it they totally destroyed. They left no survivors. They did to Debir and its king as they had done to Libnah and its king and to Hebron.



Okay. Joshua and Israel go up against all these cities annd kills everyone. (Helpful hint: Don't go up against the Israelites. They will kill you.)



 
40 So Joshua subdued the whole region, including the hill country, the Negev, the western foothills and the mountain slopes, together with all their kings. He left no survivors. He totally destroyed all who breathed, just as the LORD, the God of Israel, had commanded. 41 Joshua subdued them from Kadesh Barnea to Gaza and from the whole region of Goshen to Gibeon. 42All these kings and their lands Joshua conquered in one campaign, because the LORD, the God of Israel, fought for Israel.
 
43 Then Joshua returned with all Israel to the camp at Gilgal.



Uhhhh wow. Joshua just kinda kills everyone and is like "WHAT NOWWWWW NEGEV?!? WHAT. Now."
God was fighting for them. Annd thats what made them successful. And you know the amazing thing? The God that fought for them then, fights for us now. 
How amazing is that??
That's a promise that I'm going to hold on to when I'm going through something tough. My God will help me win. He'll get me through the tough spots. 
THAT, my dear readers, is awesome.




Hurrah!
I'm off for the day now :)

No comments: