Thursday, February 3, 2011

NIPTO, Day 361

I am 5 days away from my 1 year anniversary of blogging daily. Uhhhh wow. I have no idea how I did that.
Katie asked me on Sunday if I was going to keep blogging every day after my year was up... and I haven't decided yet. I feel like my day will almost be incomplete without blogging. But my posts will probably be boring from now on ;)
Although I might like, post more pictures and stuff. If I would get around to taking pictures and stuff.

Today was interesting. I did school in the midst of 3 children (Z, D,&E) and eventually put E to sleep. She is ahhhhdorable.
Ate lunch... finished school stuff. Read blogs. Looked at scholarships. If you're ever underwhelmed with life (HAHAHA funny, right?), just look at scholarships. It'll get you OVERwhelmed in a short amount of time.
Babysat. Managed to get N to agree to read for 30 minutes tomorrow. We'll see how that goes. I'll be sure to report back to y'all.
Ate dinner. Tried to get music on my phone in the freezing cold basement. Succeeded at getting music on my phone in the freezing cold basement. And now I'm listening to the new The Civil Wars album (Barton Hollow). And it's fantastick. Yes. FANTASTICK. Go buy it. It's $7.99 at iTunes&AmazonMP3 right now. AWESOME!

SO yeah. Mom's at her Bible study and dad just fixed the lamp that's inbetween the couch and chair. (For Kate&Hannah/anyone else who has ever come to our house and struggled with using this lamp: The little knob-y thing on the base of the lamp doesn't do anything and you don't have to worry about bumping it any more! Hurrah!)

And now back to your regularly scheduled NIPTO:

1 Timothy 6:11-16
11 But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness.


As men (and women!) of God, we need to pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance, and gentleness. These are the attributes we should be focused on. 6 things. (There are more, I'm sure... but 6 right here.)




12 Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.


This is a fight. And we need to fight the good fight. On the right side. We should embrace the eternal life that we were called to when we confessed our sins. FIGHT. We're in a war. Spiritually. (Grammatically. Ecumenically. HA. But being serious...) We have to fight this war every single day of our lives. If we're not aware of it, we'll get pulled over to the wrong side and start fighting for the wrong things. 




13 In the sight of God, who gives life to everything, and of Christ Jesus, who while testifying before Pontius Pilate made the good confession, I charge you 14 to keep this command without spot or blame until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15 which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16 who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen.


God charged Timothy to keep these commands until Jesus came back. Aka for his entire life time. But God will bring the coming of Jesus in his own time. God. God who is the blessed and only ruler. He's the King of all kings and the Lord of all lords. He's immortal and lives in a light that we can't even approach. No one has seen him or can see him. All honor goes to him. Forever. 
A-men.


I'm signing out for the night, once again.
G'bye!



No comments: