Sunday, February 6, 2011

NIPTO, Day 364

Tomorrow.
Tomorrow is my one year "blogoversary" or something like that.
Tonight is the Super Bowl. I'm rooting for the Green Bay Packers. The score is currently (JUST SCORED!) 14-0 Packers. (I'll post updated scores throughout the game/this post with little parenthesis. Packers-Steelers. Yup.)

Today was pretty crazy. Got up&got ready. Went to church. Church was music practice, 1st service music, sunday school, going upstairs briefly and then going back down because we didn't sing a last song, hanging out between services, second service music, "State of the Church Address," and that was CHURCH. Then I talked to Nicolee for a while (which was really fun! I haven't seen her in forever). Then it was time for our "Soup-er Bowl" party. So we had lunch (Broccoli cheese&French Onion). And then we had a discussion about a couple of the beattitudes. Good stuff.
Then I came home, for half an hour, and left for SUPER Sunday at The620. We hung out and ate (pizza) and played a Super Bowl Trivia game (which we tied) and then had a karaoke-off. Sam and I sang for our team and we won! Oh yeahhhhhh (that was a Vector "OH yeahhhhhh," in case you were wondering). Then Brandon talked. And I videotaped it. Hannah, remind me to send that to you or something. And zen we cleaned up and listened to "The Joy of Being Lovesick" by Cory Asbury. And now I'm home watching the Commercial Breaks. The Dorito commercials have been the best so far.
And now I'm going to do NIPTO. And then finish my homework. (I have to finish writing a paragraph answer to a question. No biggie!)

2 Timothy 1:6-14
6 For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. 7 For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.


Because of Timothy's faith, Paul wanted to remind him keep the gift of God in him alive. (14-3 haha) The Spirit that God gives to us doesn't make us afraid. It gives us power, love, and self-discipline. One of my "who I am in Christ" statements is something to the effect of "God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind." And I like that. A sound mind. 




8 So do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord or of me his prisoner. Rather, join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God.


We shouldn't be ashamed of God. And Paul is telling Timothy not to be ashamed that Paul is a prisoner because of his faith. Instead he invited him (and us!) to join with him in suffering for the gospel. Suffering by the power of God.  




9 He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time, 10 but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.


God saved us and called us to live a holy life. He didn't do this because of anything that we did, but because he has his own purpose and he has grace for us. The grace given to us is was in Jesus before the beginning of time. But now it's been revealed through Jesus's life, death, and resurrection.




 11 And of this gospel I was appointed a herald and an apostle and a teacher. 12 That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet this is no cause for shame, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until that day.


THAT is the gospel that we were called to share and teach. That's why Paul was suffering. But his suffering wasn't a cause for shame because he knows who he believed in and he was convinced that he was able to guard what was entrusted to him. Go Paul!


 13 What you heard from me, keep as the pattern of sound teaching, with faith and love in Christ Jesus. 14 Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you—guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us.

What's written should be kept as a pattern of teaching: teach with faith and love in Christ Jesus. We should guard what was deposited in us (God's word? the ability to share God's word?). We're to guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit. Who lives in us. BOO YAH!



Yeah. I'm done for now. The score is still 14-3. (packers-steelers) Yeah. I'm done. Homework time...






No comments: