Saturday, February 5, 2011

NIPTO, Day 363

Haayy (is for horses!).

I took a practice ACT. That I would very much like to forget. Thenn the Karen girls came over. And we ate lunch, played spoons a bit, went sledding. I love sledding. It's so much fun! Then I came in and helped Mom&Eh Ler with a couple of math problems.
We watched Coraline soon after that and then Skyped with Hannah for a bit. And by a bit I mean 30 minutes. Or 40. And then everyone left. Then I made brownies and did dishes. And listened to The Civil Wars. Then Mom&Dad got home and we at dinner (grilled cheese with left over Donotos pizza). Now we're watching The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. WEIRD. Strange strange movie.
But it seems good... so far.

NIPTO? Yeahhh.

2 Timothy 1:1-5

1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, in keeping with the promise of life that is in Christ Jesus,

Paul was an apostle (who wrote the last letter to Timothy. This is his second letter to Timothy). He was keeping with the promise of life, that is to say, Jesus, in writing this.


 2 To Timothy, my dear son:
   Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.

Paul's letters to fellow brothers/sisters in Christ always seem to start with grace, mercy, and peace from God. When reading this we need to be filled with grace, mercy, and peace. And that'll come from God.


 3 I thank God, whom I serve, as my ancestors did, with a clear conscience, as night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers. 4 Recalling your tears, I long to see you, so that I may be filled with joy.


When Paul would remember Timothy, he would thank God. God was who he served. And who his ancestors served. And he could thank God for Timothy with a clear conscience. Paul wanted to see Timothy so he could be joyful. Seeing/being with other brothers and sisters is cause for great joy.




5 I am reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also.


When praying for Timothy, Paul would remember his faith. The faith that Timothy's grandmother, Lois, and his mother, Eunice. Paul was convinced/persuaded that Timothy had that faith as well.




Good stuff.
I'm going to sign off and keep watching this... strange movie. 
We're doing music in the morning and after Church is our Soup-er Bowl Sunday... and after that is the 620. Tomorrow should be a busy day. After all that stuff is the actual Super Bowl... during which I'll do homework (I'll try to finish my homework before the game starts) and watch commercials. 
Yup.
I'm OUT.
Peace.

No comments: