Thursday, November 4, 2010

NIPTO, Day 270

Hi.
I love Chuck.
I'm watching Chuck from Monday right now.
It's good. Morgan is ridiculous. And Chuck is hilarious. Love love love it.

Today... I... did school. Annnnnd... watched an episode of Pushing Daisies.... and did more school. Watched a lot of Tim Hawkins videos on YouTube... (He's super funny. Check him out!)
Babysat... and talked to Kaytee for a while. Helped start dinner, cleaned up the basement some, ate dinner, cleaned up the basement more and vacuumed while listening to Wicked :)
I was on a cleaning kick, so I cleaned up my room, put my laundry away, and cleaned up the school room for the most part. I did my ab&arm workout from ballet, and now I'm watching Chuck. Life is good. :)

*an hour and a half passes*

NIPTO!

Ecclesiastes 5:1-7
1 Guard your steps when you go to the house of God. Go near to listen rather than to offer the sacrifice of fools, who do not know that they do wrong.


Guard your steps when you go to the house of God. Or church. Be careful about where you step. Go and listen carefully instead of joining the fools who offer sacrifices, the fools who don't know that what they're doing is wrong.


 2 Do not be quick with your mouth,
   do not be hasty in your heart
   to utter anything before God.
God is in heaven
   and you are on earth,
   so let your words be few.

Powerful. Don't be quick with your mouth. Think before you speak. Don't be hasty to utter anything in your heart before God. God is in heaven. We're on earth. Few words need to pass.  


3 A dream comes when there are many cares,
   and many words mark the speech of a fool.

Hm. A dream comes when there are many cares... does that mean that you dream more when you're in the midst of trouble? Hm.
Many words mark the speech of a fool. "It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." ~Abraham Lincoln. I think. Still, whoever said it had a good point. 


 4 When you make a vow to God, do not delay to fulfill it. He has no pleasure in fools; fulfill your vow. 5 It is better not to make a vow than to make one and not fulfill it. 6 Do not let your mouth lead you into sin. And do not protest to the temple messenger, “My vow was a mistake.” Why should God be angry at what you say and destroy the work of your hands? 7 Much dreaming and many words are meaningless. Therefore fear God.

When you make a vow to God, do your very best to fulfill it and fulfill it quickly. God doesn't take pleasure in fools. Do what you said you'd do. It's better to not make a vow at all than to make one and not fulfill it. Don't let your mouth lead you to sin. Interesting statement. Don't say that you didn't really mean your vow. Why would God be angry with what you "didn't" say? Much dreaming and many words are meaningless. A little dreaming and a few words are wise. Like like like.




Alrighty. I guess it's time for me to get off the computer...
But before I do, here's an awesome song that Brandon posted on Facebook today. It's great.



And now I go to sleep.
G'night!

No comments: