Monday, November 1, 2010

NIPTO, Day 267

Whew. Today. Has. Been. Slightly. Insane.

Got up. Got my bowl and what I thought was a spoon out and  poured my cereal and milk, lifted what I thought was a spoon, and discovered a fork. Bummer. That's kind of how I feel like the rest of my day went....

I went upstairs and started getting ready when I remembered that I still needed to print off my questions. So I go to print my questions and the printer is just spitting paper through. So I get Dad. And he fixes it. Or something. I think the printer was just on the fritz. Soooo that took up my 15 minutes of getting ready time. So I mostly finished getting ready and then ran around like a chicken with its head cut off getting my school stuff together, got in the car and drove to school and then got to school and put tables up in Mom's room. Then I went to study hall and put my makeup on in the computer's webcam. Oh yeah, I'm talented. hahaha. I talked to Carrie for a little bit... then it was time for classes to start and I went to study hall and read blogs and then read Civil Disobedience by Thoreau (it's way too long to be... enjoyable) annnnnd then I did a little bit of history... and then moved to Mom's room and did more history... did personal finance... cleaned up my stuff... ate lunch... went to Lit and talked about Uncle Tom's Cabin... went to ACT prep and talked about reading. Then we came home.  And I chillaxed for a while. Did some Spanish. Took my Physics test. Ate dinner. Cleaned up. And here I am.
I didn't have to babysit today. Which was super nice. Because I got a little bit more done than if I had to babysit. So that was good.

The 'rents have their small group tonight, so I'm babysitting for that. There are supposed to be 2 more kids coming, so Kayla-la is coming to help me babysit :) So that should be fun. I'll have someone "adult-ish" to talk to.
Annnnd people should be here any minute, so I'll finish this after they leave :)

-about 5 hours elapse-

Alrighty. Everyone is gone. Finally. Not that I don't like those people. But it's late.
Babysitting was good! Having Kayla-la was a lifesaver because having an extra pair of hands and eyes is fantastic! We got to talk too, so that was good :)
We came upstairs after they were done and people were figuring things out and Justin&Laura figured out that they locked their keys in the car... sooooo they were here until about 11:30. They ended up taking our car so Justin could take Laura&Emerson home and then come back with keys and get their car. So everything worked out. But it took some time!
And now I'm here.
So. NIPTO.


Ecclesiastes 3:9-22

9 What do workers gain from their toil? 10 I have seen the burden God has laid on the human race. 11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

The author of Ecclesiastes repeats himself kind of a lot. He asks the same questions and states the same things. But when someone repeats themselves, it's usually important. The author tells how he's seen this burden that's been placed on the human race by God. He's also seen how God has made everything beautiful in its own time. Then he says something that's been coming up a lot in my life: He has also set eternity in the human heart... Wow. That's... intense. We're supposed to be living for eternity. Yet (there's always a FANBOYS in there! haha), no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end. It's too big!


12 I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to do good while they live. 13That each of them may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all their toil—this is the gift of God. 14 I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that people will fear him.

This person knew that you can't do anything better than to be happy and do good while you live. Each person may eat and drink and find satisfaction in their work. That's God's gift to us. Everything that God does will last forever. Nothing can be added to God's work and nothing can be taken away from his work. He makes it like that so that people will fear him. There's not enough healthy fear of God these days... *sigh*


 15 Whatever is has already been,
   and what will be has been before;
   and God will call the past to account.
 
16 And I saw something else under the sun:
   In the place of judgment—wickedness was there,
   in the place of justice—wickedness was there.

Whatever is has already been. And what will be has been before. Interesting: God will call the past to account. He doesn't let things go unnoticed that have happened in the past. Something that the author noticed was that on earth there was wickedness in the place of judgement and justice. Sad.


 17 I said to myself,
   “God will bring into judgment
   both the righteous and the wicked,
for there will be a time for every activity,
   a time to judge every deed.”

But God will judge both the righteous and the wicked. There will come a time when every single thing, good and bad, will be taken into account and will be judged.


 18 I also said to myself, “As for humans, God tests them so that they may see that they are like the animals. 19 Surely the fate of human beings is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath; humans have no advantage over animals. Everything is meaningless. 20 All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return. 21 Who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?”

God tests us. He tests us to see that we're... like... animals. Okayyyy. Reading on: the fate of the human race is the same as every other race: death. We all breathe the same air. We don't really have that much of an advantage over animals. Huh. Because everything is meaningless. Everyone goes to the same place. We all come from dust and go back to dust. Who knows where our spirits go when we die? 


 22 So I saw that there is nothing better for a person than to enjoy their work, because that is their lot. For who can bring them to see what will happen after them?
So the author saw that there was nothing better than to enjoy the work that you do, because that's what you're supposed to do. That's your lot. Who can tell you what's going to happen after your life? No one. Live the life you have today and live it to the full.






And with that, I'm going to live my life to the full by going to sleep. Because, once again, it's late.
I hope someone gets something out of my blog... If no one else, it keeps me accountable! 267 days of blogging every day. I'm pretty proud of myself! :)



On that note, goodnight! 








No comments: