Saturday, November 13, 2010

NIPTO, Day 279

I'm starting this late late late.

But. I didn't do a whole lot today, so that's... good?

I got up. Ate breakfast. Painted. Ate lunch. Painted some more. Went on a walk. Painted. Spent some time on the computer? Painted. Watched UP with Paige. Ate dinner (this is like, 8:30?). And now I'm watching Raising Helen. It's a good movie. :)

Ecclesiastes 10:1-11

1 As dead flies give perfume a bad smell,
   so a little folly outweighs wisdom and honor. 

oooooooo. Nice analogy! A couple dead flies smell bad and a little "folly" outweighs wisdom and honor. 
Like I said, nice analogy. 


2 The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
   but the heart of the fool to the left.
3 Even as fools walk along the road,
   they lack sense
   and show everyone how stupid they are. 

I think that the word "right" is using both of its meanings right here. It's handy, though! Even as fools walk along the road. They're walking. On the road. Which was a good thing. I think. But they lack sense. They're kinda stupid. And they show that to everyone. I wouldn't wanna be that person. Let's just say that. Even though I am that person sometimes. Usually in a good way. I hope?


4 If a ruler’s anger rises against you,
   do not leave your post;
   calmness can lay great offenses to rest.

What I get from this: CHILL OUT. Being chill and not freaking out can make things a lot better. Stay where you are and stay calm. As Chuck would say: Don't freak out!


 5 There is an evil I have seen under the sun,
   the sort of error that arises from a ruler:
6 Fools are put in many high positions,
   while the rich occupy the low ones.
7 I have seen slaves on horseback,
   while princes go on foot like slaves.

Hm. Something the author noticed: Fools are in positions of power, while the rich (wise?) are in low positions. The slave rides on the horse while the prince walks. It's just... not quite right. I don't know. But I think this  is semi true today. There are a lot of foolish people in positions of power. Not to bash them, but sometimes people aren't the smartest. We should by all means pray for those in power that they will have wisdom and will not be foolish. These verses are another reason to pray for those in positions of power!


 8 Whoever digs a pit may fall into it;
   whoever breaks through a wall may be bitten by a snake.
9 Whoever quarries stones may be injured by them;
   whoever splits logs may be endangered by them.

If you dig a pit, you might fall into it. If you break... through... a... wall (???) you might get bitten by a snake. If you quarry stones, you might be hurt by them. If you split logs, you might be in danger because of them. Basically, everything has a risk to it. But you'll never accomplish anything if you don't risk something


 10 If the ax is dull
   and its edge unsharpened,
more strength is needed,
   but skill will bring success.
 11 If a snake bites before it is charmed,
   the charmer receives no fee.

If you have a dull ax, it's going to require more work. But that skill that you build because of the circumstance will bring success. 
And this is just funny to me: If a snake bites before it is charmed, the charmer receives no fee. Huh. I don't know. I think it speaks for itself. If it doesn't, let me know and I'll try to expound a little bit. But once again, it's late and I should head to bed. 


Ah well. That's the blog for tonight. I'll try to take pictures of the paintings that I did today and post them.... Don't get excited. I'm not very good at following through on these things. And the paintings themselves aren't all that spectacular. Just word art! (ALL THE NATIONS Matthew 28:19 That's the gist of it!)

Goodnight my faithful readers!

No comments: