Sunday, November 21, 2010

NIPTO, Day 287

Today... has.... been... great.

Got up this morning and got ready for church. Went to Sunday school, which is also known as Small Group. We started a book today called Lies Young Women Believe. I think it's going to be great :)
Then Church. Mom and Dad spoke today. They were great! :) Here's a link! :) If nothing else, click on it to see how cute they are! hahaha

We stopped at a friend's house to drop something off and then went home, ate lunch, went on a walk, and chillaxed a bit. I typed up my homework for tomorrow and then went to The620 for about 30 minutes and then went to IMPACT. We had our Thanksgiving feast at IMPACT and it was delish! :)

And now we're home. Watching Undercover Boss. (They're doing Subway and it's great! This one girl was really mean to the head honcho. But she doesn't know that. Boy is she going to be surprised! haha)

Are y'all ready for more Ruth?
Ruth 1:19-22

19 So the two women went on until they came to Bethlehem. When they arrived in Bethlehem, the whole town was stirred because of them, and the women exclaimed, “Can this be Naomi?”

Ruth insisted that she accompany Naomi to Bethlehem, so she did. 
When they got there the entire town was "stirred" because of them, and the people were like, "is this really Naomi?!?"


 20 “Don’t call me Naomi,” she told them. “Call me Mara, because the Almighty has made my life very bitter. 21 I went away full, but the LORD has brought me back empty. Why call me Naomi? The LORD has afflicted me; the Almighty has brought misfortune upon me.”

Naomi asked them to not call her Naomi. She asked them to call her Mara. Mara means "bitter." Naomi means "my delight." She felt like she wasn't worth being delighted in, she felt that her life was bitter. She went away full and came back empty.


 22 So Naomi returned from Moab accompanied by Ruth the Moabite, her daughter-in-law, arriving in Bethlehem as the barley harvest was beginning.

So they came back from Moab right before the barley harvest was starting. 
And that is important.

A'ight. I'm going to get my homework printed out. And then I'm going to go to bed.
So g'night all! Y'all are still awesome.
Nighty-night!

No comments: