Monday, November 15, 2010

NIPTO, Day 281

Hello.
I've just come to the conclusion (that I should've come up with days and days and days and weeks and months ago) that boys will never cease to confuse me.
I'm not even sure why. They're just confusing. *sighs & shakes head* Maybe someday I'll understand... maybe like, when I get to heaven. Maybe then. But then I won't need to understand so I'll never understand. YAY! hah.


This is a beautiful song.
Listen to it. I'm believing what it says. It's fantastic. And she has a gorgeous voice!


Annnnnd yeah. So today! Today... I got up late, got ready really fast, and left on time instead of late! WOAH! That never happens. Got to school, was helping Mom collate (I think that's the word/spelling that I want) copies and realized that I didn't print my homework off. OOPS. Uh yeah. So she had to teach, so I did my school stuff in Study Hall and whatnot.  So then once Mom was done teaching, I came home and printed my questions off. And came back. Read some Dave Ramsey (I LOVE HIM. In case you didn't know that). Ate lunch. Went to Lit class. Went to ACT prep. Came home. Babysat (which was nightmareish. He would not listen to me and kept sassing me. NOT fun. But the homework got done nonetheless). Came home&vented to Mom. Went and got my ticket for The Wizard of Oz at GHS! I love their musical theater program! It's fantastic. :)
Then came home and ate. Then babysat! Those kids were good. And I had Kayla-la to talk to, which was fun. I like her. :) And I got to see Cars for the first time!

And now everyone is gone. And I'm the last one downstairs. So I should get to NIPTO.

Ecclesiastes 11:1-6
 1 Ship your grain across the sea;
   after many days you may receive a return.
2 Invest in seven ventures, yes, in eight;
   you do not know what disaster may come upon the land.



This section talks about investing in things. I'm taking a personal finance class this semester, and I'm learning lots about investing and saving and spending wisely. 
If you ship your "grain" (product) across the sea (... in a bank/company?), you might get something in return (interest! haha). 
It's saying to invest in many things because you don't know what's going to happen. I think investing in a few things is fine, as long as you're wise about what you're investing in
The thought just came to me that this investment could be time/energy. If you invest your time and energy into something, then you'll get something back. If you invest your time and energy into a lot of things, you'll get a bigger return for your labor. 
Boomsauce. 


 3 If clouds are full of water,
   they pour rain on the earth.
Whether a tree falls to the south or to the north,
   in the place where it falls, there it will lie.
4 Whoever watches the wind will not plant;
   whoever looks at the clouds will not reap.

There are some stunning revelations here. (That was sarcasm. In case you didn't notice.) If the clouds have water, they're going to rain on the earth. If a tree falls, it'll stay where it fell. 
And whoever daydreams and looks at the wind and clouds won't sow or reap. And that's a no-good deal right there!


 5 As you do not know the path of the wind,
   or how the body is formed in a mother’s womb,
so you cannot understand the work of God,
   the Maker of all things.

We don't know where the wind is going to blow next. We understand how the body is formed in the mother's womb scientifically. But they had no idea. It was a miracle. (And I think every baby still is a miracle!)
But like we don't know where the wind will blow, or how they didn't know how a baby was formed, we can't fathom God's work. He made all things. (And the first thing that pops into my mind is "And he will make all things new. Revelation 21:5)
I'm getting goosebumps right now. Love it. :)


 6 Sow your seed in the morning,
   and at evening let your hands not be idle,
for you do not know which will succeed,
   whether this or that,
   or whether both will do equally well.

Be busy. Get up and get goin' in the morning. Heh. Wow. That was... uhm. To me. Directly. I'm not very active in the morning. Maybe it's because I stay up until 11 or so writing blog posts... hahaha. I'm not going to blame my blog for my laziness
But still. Keep busy. In the morning and at night. You don't know what's going to be your success. Keep workin'!


And now, my dear readers, I go to bed. Like... pretty much every blog post ends. HAH. Yay me. Or sumfink.
G'night!

No comments: