Tuesday, July 6, 2010

NIPTO, Day 149

Holaa.

Today has been off an on busy.

We had our last day of Urban Vision's Summer program. It went well. Ballet was fun! There was a girl from the company that Miah used to dance with to help. It was fun to have someone different in class. She was really sweet and was a great dancer! (She said that she had been out of dance since before the company's spring show because her back was hurt.)

We went to Target and got an Icee (YUM) to celebrate the last day of UV. It was good.
I read some...
I went down to Kayt's house to see if she was home. She wasn't, but I talked to Paige for a while. She was kind of upset. It made me upset to see her upset. It makes me upset when she says no one cares about her. I care about her. I know a lot of people care about her. I just don't think that she always sees it as caring.

I came home and talked to Mom for a while... then I read some more? I think I've been reading all day. =P

I made pancakes for dinner! YES! I love making pancakes. That started... years ago(?) at my grandparents house (HI MEME!). I would help Meme make breakfast... and eventually I just took over :)

So we had dinner.... I read some more (=P)

Watched Losing It With Jillian. Watched Downfall. (Downfall is a stupid show. I read during most of it)

And now I'm blogging. The news is on... They're reporting the same stuff that they did last night... about half.
Glad to know there's nothing major going on in the world right now... no war... or anything like that.


NIPTO, I guess.

Acts 4:1-12
1The priests and the captain of the temple guard and the Sadducees came up to Peter and John while they were speaking to the people. 2They were greatly disturbed because the apostles were teaching the people and proclaiming in Jesus the resurrection of the dead. 3They seized Peter and John, and because it was evening, they put them in jail until the next day. 4But many who heard the message believed, and the number of men grew to about five thousand.


Hah. This is kinda funny. The guards&Sadducees (aka important people?) were disturbed by what Peter and John were teaching. Andd so they arrested them. But that didn't stop a ton of people from hearing what they said and believing in it. 5,000 to be... approximate. 


 5The next day the rulers, elders and teachers of the law met in Jerusalem. 6Annas the high priest was there, and so were Caiaphas, John, Alexander and the other men of the high priest's family. 7They had Peter and John brought before them and began to question them: "By what power or what name did you do this?"

Oooooo more big scary important people. They decided to question Peter and John. And they asked them a very important question. "By what power or what name did you do this?"


 8Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them: "Rulers and elders of the people! 9If we are being called to account today for an act of kindness shown to a cripple and are asked how he was healed, 10then know this, you and all the people of Israel: It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed.

Peter got pumped with the Holy Spirit and told them off. "If you called us in to question us because we were nice to a guy and healed him, then you should know that we did that in the name of Jesus who you KILLED. Booyah and boomshakalaka." I somehow don't think that Peter actually said "booyah" or "boomshakalaka," but it was worth a go. (That was very British of me, I know.)
But yeah. That guy was healed by the guy that they killed... a little confusing, but super awesome.

11He is
   " 'the stone you builders rejected,
      which has become the capstone. 12Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."


Jesus... he was the one they rejected. He became the foundation that everything was built from. We are saved only by Jesus. And that's the simple truth.




I'm going to leave it at that, methinks, and go to bed. (Holland/Netherlands won their game today! Go Oranje! (They're in the final!) But we don't know if they're playing Germany or Spain. We're hoping Spain wins that game so Karlien and Katie aren't killed for supporting Holland! =P)
Night all!


1 comment:

Kaite said...

"to be...approximate..."

LOVE YOU