Friday, July 16, 2010

NIPTO, Day 159

Woooooow. Last day of LT. We're headed out tomorrow morning, bright and early... probably before you'll even read this. (Except for Kate...) My alarm is going to ring way too early. That I do know =P

I'm just going to do NIPTO. I'll give you more extensive updates when we get home, but I'm exhausted right now. And I'm glad that I don't have to actually talk, because my voice is shot from singing so loudly! :)

So!

Acts 6:1-7
1In those days when the number of disciples was increasing, the Grecian Jews among them complained against the Hebraic Jews because their widows were being overlooked in the daily distribution of food. 2So the Twelve gathered all the disciples together and said, "It would not be right for us to neglect the ministry of the word of God in order to wait on tables. 3Brothers, choose seven men from among you who are known to be full of the Spirit and wisdom. We will turn this responsibility over to them 4and will give our attention to prayer and the ministry of the word."

Okay. Sooo there were basically two groups of Jews. The Grecian and the Hebraic. And they were arguing and stuff because some people weren't getting the food that they needed when it was handed out. So the Top Twelve dudes got together and were like "okay. Sooo we need a plan, 'cause it's not right for us to neglect what we're supposed to be doing with teaching to hand out food.... soo Choose 7 guys that we can put in charge of that. We'll give them that responsibility and then we'll focus in on prayer and teaching." 
Fidel Guerrero (I think that's how you spell his name...) spoke on these 4 verses this morning. So I'm kind of taking a little bit from him. But he went into it a little more. And I'm not going to expound for the sake of time and your sanity.


5This proposal pleased the whole group. They chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Spirit; also Philip, Procorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, and Nicolas from Antioch, a convert to Judaism. 6They presented these men to the apostles, who prayed and laid their hands on them.

Everyone liked this. It was a good conclusion to come to. I like how Stephen is described: a man full of faith and the Holy Spirit. Awesome sauce.
And it lists the rest of them... and then the apostles prayed for them. They laid their hands on them and prayed for them and sent them out to do their work. Fantabulastic.

7So the word of God spread. The number of disciples in Jerusalem increased rapidly, and a large number of priests became obedient to the faith.

And look what happened because the apostles delegated tasks: The number of disciples in Jerusalem grew and more priests were obeying God's word and following their faith. Amazing.

This week has been so amazing. Being with such amazing men&women of God is so encouraging and uplifting, and it's so exciting to think that we're going to follow in their footsteps and do even greater things! That's what I'm believing God for. I'm excited to get home and to sleep in my own bed where there is no fear of cockroaches! (There were... 6? found tonight in different people's rooms. I'm hoping and praying that I never see one in my room. Literally praying. Yup.) Hoping I don't take one home either... =\

I'm going to miss the Darby Creek kids... and everyone else that I've met! They're all so awesome! Thankfully, we have facebook. :)
Just thought I'd say that.

And thus concludes my blog post.

1 comment:

Kaite said...

YOU SAID AWESOME SAUCE!

Quite fitting for this whole thing.

*Like*