Wednesday, July 28, 2010

NIPTO, Day 171

Oh my. Today has been crazy. But not really. I had driving school today. You can read about that here.
I got home from driving school. And I ate lunch. And I read a book. (Shiver. Good book. Not nearly as creepy as it sounds.) Annnd I ate dinner. And went and did a job that I have... I'm going to have to go back tomorrow morning to finish it because the 'rents had to leave for a meeting with the other pastors&their wives.
And then I played WICKED songs for a while. It was great fun. And the most I've played the piano in a long time.


Now I'm watching So You Think You Can Dance... and pizza sounds really good right now. HAH. Oh commercials. That's what they're supposed to do.
Ahahaha there was a commercial of a girl from Cleveland talking about her Ford. She had such a Cleveland accent! "It's like that little blaack dress that you haave to haave."




NIPTO!


Acts 10:1-8
1At Caesarea there was a man named Cornelius, a centurion in what was known as the Italian Regiment.


Naaana na na na na na na na cor-ne-le-us! He's a centurion. Aka soldier. In the "Italian Regiment."




2He and all his family were devout and God-fearing; he gave generously to those in need and prayed to God regularly.


Okay. So Cornelius is a good guy. God fearing, generous, prays regularly. Got the picture?




3One day at about three in the afternoon he had a vision. He distinctly saw an angel of God, who came to him and said, "Cornelius!"
 4Cornelius stared at him in fear. "What is it, Lord?" he asked.
   The angel answered, "Your prayers and gifts to the poor have come up as a memorial offering before God. 
5Now send men to Joppa to bring back a man named Simon who is called Peter. 6He is staying with Simon the tanner, whose house is by the sea."



Angel alert! Cornelius sees an angel and he kinda looks at him... and he's kinda scared.  The angel tells him that his generous giving to the poor is like a memorial offering to God. Sooo he tells him to go to Joppa to bring Simon-Peter back to Caesarea. And then the angel tells him where he is. 



 
7When the angel who spoke to him had gone, Cornelius called two of his servants and a devout soldier who was one of his attendants. 8He told them everything that had happened and sent them to Joppa.



So, in true Cornelius fashion, he obeys. He calls 2 servants&a soldier (and attendant) and tells them what happened and then sent them off to Joppa. 




Seems like... not a lot. But that's what I've got for today!
And I'm sleepy, so I'm going to go to bed now.

No comments: