Tuesday, July 20, 2010

NIPTO, Day 163

I'm worried. I'm anxious. I know these are things that I shouldn't be. I read Philippians 4:6-7. It helped. I prayed. It helped. But I'm still worried. And I know that I need to just give it to God because he'll take care of it, but I'm having a hard time.
Wow. So much just happened in 3 hours. It's not exactly something I can just put behind me, but it's something that I can't dwell on. If I dwell on it, it'll consume me. And that's not what I want.

So. I'm going to do NIPTO. And then I'm going to listen to Tammy Smith's breakout session from IGNITE (the conference that we went to between Christmas and new years in December).

Acts 7:44-53

44"Our forefathers had the tabernacle of the Testimony with them in the desert. It had been made as God directed Moses, according to the pattern he had seen. 45Having received the tabernacle, our fathers under Joshua brought it with them when they took the land from the nations God drove out before them. It remained in the land until the time of David, 46who enjoyed God's favor and asked that he might provide a dwelling place for the God of Jacob. 47But it was Solomon who built the house for him.
Okay. Sooooo. Steve 


(Stephen)


 here is still telling a story. He's telling the story of their history. And so the people who had gone before them, their forefathers, built the tabernacle, or a temporary shelter that they could put up wherever they went. They took the tabernacle with them and they drove people out of the land before them. And it stayed until David's time. David was one of God's favorites and asked to build God a temple, but it was actually Solomon who built it.


 48"However, the Most High does not live in houses made by men. As the prophet says:
 
49" 'Heaven is my throne,
      and the earth is my footstool.
   What kind of house will you build for me? says the Lord.
      Or where will my resting place be?
 
50Has not my hand made all these things?'
But God doesn't live in a temple or a tabernacle. He lives in Heaven. He made all things....


 51"You stiff-necked people, with uncircumcised hearts and ears! You are just like your fathers: You always resist the Holy Spirit! 52Was there ever a prophet your fathers did not persecute? They even killed those who predicted the coming of the Righteous One. And now you have betrayed and murdered him— 53you who have received the law that was put into effect through angels but have not obeyed it."

What a harsh thing to say! You are just like your fathers. That was basically an insult. Crazy insults and accusations. All true though... They received the law, but they didn't obey it. This story will be continued... tomorrow.


Sooooo I think I'm going to listen to Tammy Smith now... or watch So You Think You Can Dance from Wednesday. (It didn't record, but Hulu has SYTYCD! Which I didn't know. Until I checked just now. :)

I'm going to see Despicable Me with Kaytee, Meghan, Catherine, Connie, and Alexa later... so that should be fun! They're fun people... and now, I'll leave you with my favorite clip from Despicable Me (so far ;) :



Haaaave a good day!

No comments: