Friday, July 9, 2010

NIPTO, Day 152

Gooooood morning/afternoon/evening readers!

Whew. I didn't sleep very well last night... I woke up at about... 4? and couldn't go back to sleep for almost an hour. But when I did go back to sleep, I slept until 7:30. (Which is pretty good considering how I've been waking up early the past few days... (I guess my body knows I'll need to function on very little sleep over the next week!))

Let's see... Yesterday:
I babysat Zakk&Derek, then went to get frappuchinos with Mom, Hannah, and Meme, came home and hung out with Mom&Meme, packed for LT a little bit, ate dinner, read a little bit, watched the last half of Glee, watched So You Think You Can Dance, went upstairs&got ready for bed, read The Princess Bride a little (it's just as good as the movie!), and then went to sleep. Whew!

Today... I'm going to mow. And get a passport? (Or at least turn in the application at the post office. And I'm not going anywhere. Passport fees just go up on Tuesday.) Oh yeah! And I have to finish packing. Because we leave at SIX tomorrow morning. And people are getting here at 5:30.... SO I'm going to have to be paacked.

Alrighty. I've mowed now. I've showered. Now onto packing!

Okay. Packing is mostly done... I have to pack stuff that I need tonight&tomorrow morning... tomorrow. But all of my clothing is packed. Annnd I need to pack my backpack&duffel bag.

Hannah's making peanut butter fritos (faaaantasticness in a bag!) I'm watching Finding Nemo with Paige... I'm going to hang out with Kaytee tonight. Should be a great last day before LT!

Whew. It has been a great last day before LT. (About... a lot of time passed between the last paragraph and this one =P)

I hung out with Paige for a long time this afternoon... Kaytee came over around 6:30... annnd there was... tension.
I knew this was going to happen sometime... I was kind of expecting it to happen tonight... but not really. I wanted a peaceful evening, but it didn't happen. And I'm kind of asking God "Why?" and I know he has the answer... I just cannot see it right now. And maybe it's a "can't see the forest for the trees" kind of thing, but maybe not. I don't know. I think this week will be very telling. For a lot of stuff. And I'm half excited and half super nervous.
(I hate being ambiguous, but I have to be. Sorry...)

Now I'm blogging. And... then I have to finish packing as much as I can... (mostly bathroom stuff... shower stuff... Annnnnd yeah.) And then I sleep. And then I wake up at 4:45 on purpose. (unlike last night =P)


Alrighty. NIPTO:

Acts 4:23-31
23On their release, Peter and John went back to their own people and reported all that the chief priests and elders had said to them.


Peter and John went back to the church to give an update. An update that a man had been healed. (And that they had gotten pulled aside by the Sanhedran for it!) And what happens next is... probably not what would happen today... maybe it would, maybe it wouldn't. I don't know




24When they heard this, they raised their voices together in prayer to God. "Sovereign Lord," they said, "you made the heaven and the earth and the sea, and everything in them. 25You spoke by the Holy Spirit through the mouth of your servant, our father David:
   " 'Why do the nations rage
      and the peoples plot in vain?
 26The kings of the earth take their stand
      and the rulers gather together
      against the Lord
      and against his Anointed One.'



When they heard what had happened, they prayed together. They praised God for making everything in heaven and earth and sea. Then they quote some scripture that was spoken by the Holy Spirit through David.
It's a passage that describes anger. When I read it I feel like there should be people going to war. And people are going to war. Against God.




27Indeed Herod and Pontius Pilate met together with the Gentiles and the people of Israel in this city to conspire against your holy servant Jesus, whom you anointed. 28They did what your power and will had decided beforehand should happen.


The rulers of Israel had met with the Gentiles (the non-Jews) to conspire against Jesus. They did what God had described and had decided beforehand. (Craziness. I know.)




29Now, Lord, consider their threats and enable your servants to speak your word with great boldness. 30Stretch out your hand to heal and perform miraculous signs and wonders through the name of your holy servant Jesus."


They prayed that, even though there were threats, that people would be able to speak God's word with boldness. They prayed that God would stretch out his almighty hand and perform miracles through the name of Jesus. 
And God delivered. 




 31After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly.


Sooooo after they finished praying... there was basically an earthquake where they were. But I don't think it was a "normal" earthquake. People were filled with the Holy Spirit and went out and spoke God's word boldly


I'm praying for boldness. At LT we do evangelism. And it's stupid, but evangelism scares me. Why should I be scared to share one of the biggest things in my life? One of the best things in my life... one of the most influential things in my life. JESUS. Why is that scary? Sure, you might not be able to answer every question. But if I really give my nervousness to God, he'll show me what to say. And that's something that I should almost be more afraid of =P


Well. I guess I'm going to go finish packing or whatever... I have to get up early... Soooooo Peace OUT! (I'll try to post before we leave tomorrow morning... and I'll try to post when we get there. Before bed at least!)
Pray for our trip down! There will be 15 of us total. Pray for strength for the leaders. They're going to need it! Also pray that we would be really open to what God has to say to us. (And for a safe trip down and such :)

You people who read this are awesome. I mean, you get through my ramblings that can be quite ridiculous sometimes! Thanks for putting up with me. Nowwwwww off TIBET! (to bed... said fast... like Tibet. =P)

Night!


No comments: