Wednesday, July 7, 2010

NIPTO, Day 150

Hello all!
Today has been a long-ish day. And I didn't really realize that until now!

Got up this morning and ate breakfast and whatnot. Then I went with Mom&Hannah allllll around Green. And I drove!
We went to Panera for Hannah to check her schedule&she thought it was pay-day, but that's next week.

Then we went to the bank, library, post office, and grocery store! It was a lot of driving, but I'm definitely feeling more comfortable and confidant behind the wheel :)

I spent a lot of my day reading. I've been reading a lot... I've been reading one blog inparticular a lot.

I've found that when I find a good story on a blog, I want to read it from beginning to end. So over the past 3 days I've been reading this blog. Adrienne and Jim are truly amazing people and amazing parents. It's been so cool to read how everything has happened. On July 3rd, they had a baby boy named Bennett. He was 27 weeks old when he was born and is tiny. If you clicked on the link, the first picture on the blog (right now) is his daddy's hand next to his head. It's precious and he is adorable and tiny.






So that's for him. He's a true miracle. Their story is amazing and definitely worth reading! I'm praying for baby Bennett tonight!


Let's see... We got home... I read...
Hannah had her piano lesson. So I went and played with Katherine. (She's adorable!!) She talks and talks and is sooo cute. I just want to take pictures of her! =P

Got a call from Brandon while we were there and he let me know that we did NOT have youth group tonight. And we talked a little bit about NIPTO stuff. We won't have NIPTO this week because Hannah and I will be gone at LT (!!!!!!), so we'll have a meeting of some kind on the 18th. I think we'll also have people who are interested in starting NIPTO at that meeting. I hope people come.... :)

We came home and I'm pretty sure I read some more... and then we had dinner... and I played piano a little bit. We just got the Wicked music from the library which is Faaaantastic. With a capital F.
And then I watched So You Think You Can Dance. There are some truly AMAZING dancers this year! Kent and Lauren's dance was my favorite tonight :)
(I have a special place for Kent in my dancer-loving heart. He's from Wapakonetta. That's like, 10-15 minutes from where my grandparents live. It's OHIO for goodness sake! No one does anything in Ohio! (Except for Lebron James =P) So that's my story. And I'm stickin' to it ;))

And now it's now. And I'm going to do NIPTO. Actually, I'm going to tell you to please please please go listen to Adam Young (Owl City)'s  project from long ago called Sky Sailing. It's fantastic. My favorite song is Brielle. But I haven't listened to all of it yet. The entire album is up RIGHT NOW, so go listen while you have the chance ;) (I'm liking Steady as She Goes too!) (I like A Little Opera Goes a Long Way too... I think I like all of them. Go LISTEN!)

Okay. NIPTO.

Acts 4:13-17
13When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus.


Yep. We're surprised too. They're ordinary guys. But they still had to "take note" of the fact that they had been with Jesus. Because that Jesus guy was (and still is) dangerous. He changes lives. He's radical. He makes things happen. Revolutionary. The whole bit.




14But since they could see the man who had been healed standing there with them, there was nothing they could say.


Oh. The guy that they healed was standing there. With them. And so they couldn't really say anything... cuz that would make them look bad. And they were all about appearances. 




15So they ordered them to withdraw from the Sanhedrin and then conferred together.


Since they couldn't say anything in front of the guy who had been healed, the decided to make everyone leave. So then the "conferred." Which makes me think of a huddle. Conferring=a huddle to me.




16"What are we going to do with these men?" they asked. "Everybody living in Jerusalem knows they have done an outstanding miracle, and we cannot deny it. 17But to stop this thing from spreading any further among the people, we must warn these men to speak no longer to anyone in this name."


They didn't know what to do with these guys! Everyone knew what they had done. (And no one in Florin could've gotten here so fast! ... Okay. That's not quite the right context, but it's close enough ;) But really, everyone knew about. And they couldn't say it didn't happen... but they realized that they "had to" stop it. They were going to tell the guys that they couldn't spread any more of this Jesus stuff. 


That's all I have for tonight. I'll post more tomorrow. Morning. Hopefully.


G'night!


1 comment:

Kaite said...

I LOVE YOU for the "And no one in Florin could've gotten here so fast!" It fits FABULOUSLY. :)

I'll be on for a bit more and then I'll be awake when you're getting up to go so I might see you then. :)