Saturday, April 24, 2010

Driving With Abby

I think I should start a weekly post called Driving With Abby. Then I can tell you the crazy things that happen while I'm learning how to drive. You're so lucky because you get to hear all about it!

Today I drove around my neighborhood for about 20 minutes. That's a feat. There aren't a lot of roads in my neighborhood. I drove on all but one of them. The one I didn't drive on was a cul-de-sac.
I practiced turning. And just driving in general. Then my dad drove up the road to the Target parking lot (Behind Target actually) and we NASCAR'd it. No, I didn't go 200 miles-per-hour. I just went in circles. Ovals to be exact. Practiced my left&right turns. Thenn Dad drove to BP and taught me how to pump gas. Then he drove to a small state park that's pretty much always deserted and I practiced parking and backing. I "hit" the car next to me. Oops. Then I drove home. On real roads. Without my hazard lights on. Heh. (The first time I drove on a real road I was going about 15 mph in a 25 mph... my dad put the hazard lights on for me... hee hee.) I think I actually got up to 30 mph today! I also "almost" hit a robin... it was in the middle of the road. I was going towards it. I honked. It didn't move. Then it flew away after about 2 more seconds. It was slightly frightening. Then I went home. And a car followed me. So I had to act like I knew what I was doing and go fast. And then I had to make a left turn and there were CARS. HAHA. Really Abby? There were cars? on the road??? I know, I know. And then I had to park in the driveway. Which wasn't so bad. I had to back up and pull forward a little bit so I was straight, but it wasn't all bad. I feel like I'm improving. So that's good. My dad's sleeping. He needs the rest after I stressed him out today =P

And thus concludes "Driving With Abby" week 1

No comments: