Saturday, April 17, 2010

NIPTO, Day 69

Did I just turn 16 or 6...? Today I watched UP and colored in my Alice in Wonderland coloring book and enjoyed myself thoroughly. I also drove a car for the first time ever in my life.
For this reason I sure hope I just turned 16!

I drove a car! It was scary. Not gonna lie. I drove around the back of the Target parking lot that's near my house... Drove in circles... practiced parking... practiced maneuverability... failed at practicing maneuverability hah! (first time driving... I'd say it's okay for me to fail! haha)
Then I drove on a real road... and my dad had to turn the hazard lights on... only to be fair to the other drivers... then I actually drove around our neighborhood a few times. It was kind of nerve-wracking, but kinda fun at the same time? I'm not sure how I feel about driving... I don't really like it that much... but I guess I need to practice. =D

Now I'm eating Peanut Butter Pie..... It's fantastic.... My mom made it for my birthday dessert. It's yummy.


(Tabs I have open on my computer: Blogger, Romans 2 @ Biblegateway.com, Romans 2 @ Blueletterbible.org, and Youtube: Sneezing Panda goes Gangasta. I watched that video with Paige this evening... we were literally rolling on the floor laughing. Also the Pandamix... that's another funny one. We had a good time watching funny youtube videos!)

Romans 2:25-29

 25Circumcision has value if you observe the law, but if you break the law, you have become as though you had not been circumcised. 26If those who are not circumcised keep the law's requirements, will they not be regarded as though they were circumcised? 27The one who is not circumcised physically and yet obeys the law will condemn you who, even though you have the written code and circumcision, are a lawbreaker.


Soo... for the Jews circumcision was a big deal religiously. Basically if you weren't circumcised, you weren't able to participate in any of the religious ceremonies or feasts or whatever. Paul's calling these people out maaajorly. The people he was writing to got it. They knew he was calling them out. They knew that if they weren't circumcised, you couldn't be considered holy (or whatever.) He's telling them that breaking the law at all is the same as being uncircumcised. But if you obey the law, even if you weren't circumcised, would be considered "better" than someone who was circumcised but didn't keep the law. Get it? Good. 




 28A man is not a Jew if he is only one outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical. 29No, a man is a Jew if he is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a man's praise is not from men, but from God.


Newsflash for the Roman Jews: you don't need to be physically circumcised. You need to be spiritually circumcised... By the Spirit... not man. Basically what I got out of this. 




mmmm... sleeping soonish... I like sleep (Have I ever mentioned that before? Didn't think so.) Church tomorrow... getting our pictures taken (!), going indoor glow-putt-putt golfing, then Encounter. (You could basically stalk me if you knew where I lived and whatnot... hm. Maybe I should limit the information I divulge =P)

Byyyy the way: the scene in Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince when Harry is basically high on Felix Felicious is the best ever.
A'ight. I'm goin' to bed.


No comments: