Tuesday, April 27, 2010

NIPTO, Day 79/Post 100

This is my 100th post. YAY Blogger for putting up with me! hahaha

Yesterday I started reading The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks. It's pretty good so far. I'm about a 1/6th of the way through it... Still getting through back story and stuff. But it's good. (P.S. I'm reading the large print version. Why? Because there were 20 holds on the large print version as opposed to 200 on the regular one. Easy to see which one I chose! (No pun really intended...)

We had dance class last night. Which was kind of strange. Dance is usually on Wednesdays but we had a makeup class. It was a good class. I'm sore. I have been sore for the past week... WOOOO. I need to stretch more.

 The sunset was pretty last night
 It was pretty on the way home from dance, but *gasp* I didn't have my camera
But here are two of the pictures I took when I got home.
It was a pretty sunset.
It was nice to see the sun after it had rained all day!

All the rain yesterday got me to thinking. (And somebody's post on twitter that I'm not going to post here. Too much of a hassle.) It got me to thinking this: What if each person had their own little weather bubble? And what if, when you sinned, your weather bubble rained. And it was cloudy. And just plain icky. And what if, when you were following God, it was sunny? Wouldn't that make people more apt to look at Christianity and say "I want that"? 
I think that a lot of people look at Christianity and think that their weather bubble is going to get rained on when they follow God. And if sinning makes them happy, it might seem like it. But who wants to live in rain all the time. NOT ME. I got a taste of 2 days of rain and decided that I really don't like it. Forks, WA, here I don't come! I couldn't stand it being rainy all the time! Thank you God for the sun. And for the sun that's coming up RIGHT NOW. It's nice to see the sun :D

NIPTO NIPTO NIPTO Day 79. 
Romans 5:6-11
 6You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly.  

God died for us while we were powerless. Helpless. Ungodly. Sinful. Undeserving.



7Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. 8But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Thiiis is fantastic. And I think these 2 verses might've made my list of favorite verses. I don't really remember reading verse 8 in context. Which is horrible. But it's part of the "Romans Road" and I've never really read it in context. Horrible. But now I've read it in context and I love it that much more. Because: Someone might die for someone good... maybe. But to die for bad people? Unheard of. But that's what Jesus did for us. While we were still sinners. He didn't require anything from us. He died. And that saved us. crazy crazy crazy.



 9Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him!  

 We're saved from God's wrath through Jesus. I don't know about you, but after reading through Revelation, I'd rather be spared from God's wrath. It's as ugly as God gets!


10For if, when we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!  

Get that? We were God's enemies. But we reestablished (or established in the first place) a relationship with God that gives us LIFE! When Jesus died, he settled that score. When he was raised to life, we were able to be closer to God. SWEEEET.


11Not only is this so, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.

We should rejoice in God. Jesus saved us. We're not God's enemies anymore. We're his children. So that's a reason to rejoice! =D


Okay. So I saw the high school/middle school and the elementary school buses both come today. The School bus system is kind of funny to me. Kids line up and get picked up in a big, yellow (orange?) bus. (We've had discussions about what color that really is. It's something you probably don't want to bring up unless you have the answer. hahaha) It's just weird to me. I don't know. I've never ridden on a school bus. (I take that back. I rode on a school bus style bus for a church event once. But it wasn't a bus that belonged to a school.)

Anyways. I have a fun YouTube video for you today! My friend Anna posted this on her blog a while ago and I loved it. (I love UP too... it's probably one of my favorite movies. haha) It's funny. Cute. Made me laugh. I love it.


Hope you have a great day!

No comments: