Friday, April 9, 2010

NIPTO, Day 61

WOAH. It's morning. I dragged myself out of bed this morning. WOOOHOO. I've got peppermint tea in hand and I'm ready to do NIPTO!

John 20:1-31
John 20:28-Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!" 


My uncle wrote a song based on Thomas' story called "I do Believe."
The chorus goes something like this:

I do Believe
In your rising from the dead
I do believe
That you did just what you said
Through the power of your love
Try and (something) death's deceit
Oh, my Lord and my God
I do believe

Yes. I know. Lame. I don't know all of the worddds. You can listen to the song if you want. You can listen to it right here. You can also listen to the rest of my uncle's CD. It's a good one :)




Revelation 1:5-and from Jesus Christ who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To him who loves us and freed us from our sins by his blood. 


There are several relevant things in this.
1.) Jesus was the firstborn from the dead. This implies that more people will be raised from the dead. And there will be.

2.) "the ruler of the kings of the earth." The messiah that everyone was waiting for was expected to be this big-shot army commander or something. The Messiah was expected to physically free the Jews from the Romans. Jesus didn't quite meet expectations, but he did do what he promised. He freed the Jews spiritually. They were spiritually oppressed too. But this verse does say that he is the ruler of the kings of the earth, but he wasn't the ruler of the kings of the earth while he was on earth. I think. I mean, you can correct me if you see something obviously wrong with what I'm saying. Or even if you see something minorly wrong with what I'm saying. Minorly isn't a word. I just made it up... just so you know.

3.) "Who loves us and freed us from our sins by his blood" That is some intense love right there. I mean, dying so that we can be forgiven and are freed from our sins. Think about chains or shackles. Those represent what our sins were to us. They no longer hamper us. We are free by the blood of Christ. The blood he shed he shed for me. For you. We're not capable of giving that intense love, but we are capable of feeling it... or at least a fraction of it.

Sorry. That wasn't long at all.


Revelation 1:14-15-His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. 15His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters.


I told you I wouldn't leave you hanging! In yesterday's post (near the end if you didn't read it and don't want to read the entire thing!) I told you I would tell you who the "voice like a trumpet" belonged to. This is who the voice like a trumpet belonged to. It seems down right WEIRD. I mean, white hair, fire eyes, glowing bronze legs, voice like rushing waters? I'd be pretty scared. But that's Jesus, man. That's Jesus in his glory. I think.
Are you less hanging now? (Maybe you have more questions or maybe you just went and read the rest of Revelation 1 so you wouldn't be left hanging. Maybe...)


Mmmh. It's time to eat breakfast then tackle schooool. I am not a huge fan of school. But I have to remember Colossians 3:17-And whatever you do whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
So I'm doing school for Jesus. Giving thanks to God. It's just hard to remember...

After school today... at about 7 o'clock... I am headed to Pirates vs Ninjas! WOOT! I'm excited. I mean, I get to go swimming for the first time in foreverrrr. (Ya know, since last summer...) and I get to be a ninja! I love being a ninja... hopefully I'll do it justice! I might do a post about it tomorrow morning if I'm not asleep ;)

It's hard to believe that it's Friday already, but it is. So that's kinda exciting. No school tomorrow... get to sleep in... after staying up too late... Should be a good time. I'll try to take a lot of pictures @PvN! (Taking a lot of pictures isn't really hard for me to do... tee hee hee)

Okay. Enough antics. Time to go eat breakfast and get started on my day!

No comments: