Monday, April 5, 2010

NIPTO, Day 57

Heeewboy. Chuck just ended. I have to wait three weeks for it to come back. It was crazy. It always ends with a cliffhanger. And I HATE IT. And then they give you commercials for when it comes back and you just want to see it!! UHG. *sigh* Okay. Focus. (Wrote a "Not Me! Monday" post about Chuck... tee hee hee. ) Focus. Now my dad is watching the NCAA final... (Go Butler?) FOCUS: NIPTO.

Just because there's a little bit left in each book after the resurrection and because I don't have this week's NIPTO, here's that little bit that's left in each book. In the case of the book of John, there's a whole extra chapter that isn't in the other books.

Matthew 28:16-20: 16Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."


Jesus gives the disciples the great commission: to make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything he commanded them. This is our church's "base verse"(??) I think that's what you would call it.. or something like that. But the association that our church is with is called Great Commission Ministries. Get it? Got it. Good. (Court Jester! Oh yeaaah)




Mark 16:15-20: 15He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. 16Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well."
 19After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God. 20Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it. 


The great commission but different. Mark tells more of what the people who accept the great commission will do. 
Then Jesus goes up to heaven and sits down next to God. Sweet.


Luke 24:50-53:50When he had led them out to the vicinity of Bethany, he lifted up his hands and blessed them. 51While he was blessing them, he left them and was taken up into heaven. 52Then they worshiped him and returned to Jerusalem with great joy. 53And they stayed continually at the temple, praising God.


Luke just records the ascension. Which is like.... fantastic? I mean, really. Jesus just goes up into heaven. Right before their eyes. THEN they stay at the temple and continuously praise God. I'm not that "good." I'm terrible in-fact. I don't think I do my "15 minutes of prayer" a day. I'm not "good" at praying. It seems kind of uncomfortable to me. I'm going to try to remedy this tomorrow morning. I'm going to try to get up at the crack of dawn (6:30. That's early after spring break...) and go for a walk and pray... and try to not be distracted by Chuck... =P
I wish I could say that I continually praise God. I don't. I complain. A lot. Which needs to stop. I need to be thankful for what I have and give thanks to God for it. Probably more about that in a different post. =P (Maybe at Thanksgiving?)



John 21:1-25-v25: Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.


I love that verse. It's sweet. It's basically like: Jesus did so many amazing things, that there isn't enough room or enough words to do the things he did justice. So we just have to wonder. 




I think it's time for me to go to bed. Getting up early awaits me. SCHOOL awaits me tomorrow. EW. I'll survive. =D
Goodnight!


No comments: