Thursday, April 29, 2010

NIPTO, Day 81

Wow. I just realized how much facebook has become a habit. It's my homepage when I open my web browser. I was planning on going straight to blogger so I could get started. When facebook came up, I just started typing in my e-mail and password... then I stopped mid password because I realized that that was not where I wanted to go.
I'm considering doing a week long facebook fast. And twitter. Those are the things that eat up little chunks of time during my day. It's annoying. I think I'm going to start today. After I'm done with this post, I'll put something up letting people I won't be around and that they should e-mail me/comment on my blog if they need to get ahold of me. Because they're eating my life. And it needs to stop.
That just turned from a "I might do this" into a "I'm going to do this" in about 5 minutes. Crazy. Thinking about this a little bit more, this is the thought that comes into my mind: "This is scary." But I'm still going to do it.
BAHAHAHA. I just read the beginning of this paragraph again. "I'm considering... I think I'm going to start today." WOW. Sorry. Just found that funny and thought I'd share it with you... =P

Okay. Onto Romans.


Romans 5:18-21
 18Consequently, just as the result of one trespass was condemnation for all men, so also the result of one act of righteousness was justification that brings life for all men. 

Adam and Eve ruined it for all of us. But Jesus saved all of us. Balances out quite nicely, don't you think?


 
19For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

Adam sinned. He was disobedient. (The word disobedient makes me think of a bad dog. hah) But Jesus was the obedient one. In the garden before he was crucified, he asked God if he could get out of it. God said, "No." So Jesus was obedient and went and was crucified. By his obedience, we are made righteous. 



 20The law was added so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more,

That's a little ridiculous. I mean, "the law was added so that the trespass (or sin) might increase." HUH? God added the law so we would sin MORE?!?! That's messed up, right? But not really. Because when we sin more, God's goodness is able to shine through even more. I'm not saying you should go out and sin so that God can be seen when you "renounce your ways" but that we should try to live holy lives. Jon Acuff, the author of Stuff Christians Like and the main author of the website by the same name wrote this post yesterday for "Serious Wednesday" I'm just going to link it, but it's really good. One of the "things Christians like" is Fearing we'll out sin grace. So click here if you want to go read that. It's good. I think it is relevant to what I'm saying.  (Stuff Christians Like is a hilarious website. If you've been a Christian for a long time, you'll find it funny, and sometimes sadly, true.)

21so that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

So grace is increased so that grace will reign through righteousness. Just like sin reigned in death. Notice the past tense. (LOVE IT!) 
Grace and righteousness aren't really things we associate with someone who is in power. Unfortunately. But God's the one who's really in control... so these are things we should apply to leaders today. Even if we don't see it immediately. 

Hmmm... I'm trying to think of a good YouTube video for y'all today. Got it. I watched this while my sister was home last time. I found it amusing. Be A Man (from Mulan) in German. German is a funny language =P Enjoy!


Hope you have a good day!

No comments: