Thursday, April 15, 2010

NIPTO, Day 67

Today... is... my birthday. I'm 16 now.It's weird. I got my temps this morning... that's weird too. My day started AMAZINGLY (?). I looked out the window to see if the sunrise was anything worth seeing, and it was. It was GORGEOUS. Then I ate breakfast, went to the BMV and got my temps, came home&opened presents. I got some clothes, a water bottle, gum, bubbles, and my favorites, 2 coloring books. Alice in Wonderland and general Disney. They are faaantastic! I can't wait to color in them!
Then I did school.... that lasted pretty much all day. But then we ate dinner (RedHot-Honey-Mustard chicken, roasted broccoli, and mashed potatoes) and went for a walk and then watched Survivor... we ate pie and watched a What Not to Wear! It's been a good day. I just danced my way to bed... and now I'm reading... half talking to Hannah about work... annnd talking about how I cleaned my room last night. (I started putting my laundry away from last week... (Laundry gets done today... I put my laundry from last week away last night... you do the math.) annnd I basically cleaned my room... tidied I should say. I basically picked everything up off the floor... then I cleaned off my dresser... then I cleaned up my desk. Woooot. My room is now clean... If only I could get it to stay that way!)

Romans 2:1-16

God's Righteous Judgment
 1You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. 2Now we know that God's judgment against those who do such things is based on truth.

This, I think, implies that our judgments are not based on truth... all the time. Sometimes they are. But a lot of the time they aren't. God's judgments are based on truth. Impressive, huh?

3So when you, a mere man, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God's judgment? (Hypocrisy... what that is.) 4Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance?

This kind of makes me sick. We show contempt for God's kindness, tolerance, and patience... because we're stupid. Bummer. It's not a good thing. Therefore, listen to what God has to say: He's always right. 

 5But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God's wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed.


We bring this on ourselves. Again. Bummer. 


6God "will give to each person according to what he has done." 7To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life.


I like verse 7. That's could definitely be one of those verses that you take out of context and give a "happy" meaning to. The next verses kind of kill the happy thing...


8But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. 9There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.


EEk. This isn't a happy passage. Wrath, judgment, anger... all from God. Don't want to get on his bad side!


11For God does not show favoritism. 
And neither should we!




 12All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. 13For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.


So you can't just hear the law and not apply it. I took my temps test today. I would get pulled over if I took the test and stuff and then blatantly ignored traffic laws. God's gonna pull us over when we die if we disobey him. Weird analogy. =P


14(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, 15since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.)


The Gentiles weren't "privileged" like the Jews were. These guys didn't get Jesus till after the Jews, but they got him nonetheless.They kind of created a law for themselves even though they weren't under the law of the Jews. They knew what was right and they did it. We should be able to do that, right? 


16This will take place on the day when God will judge men's secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

Just telling when it'll happen. But it's not quite a "just." He's going to judge our secrets. You know those things we keep hidden from everyone and sometimes even try to hide from ourselves? God's going to pull those out into the light. You don't have a choice. Maybe we should bring these things into the light while we still have the choice. Things might be a bit more pleasant.




Okay. So that was kind of deep. As deep as I can go at 11:30 at night... so here's a video/song/picture that is on the screen while a song plays that I really like. It's the main theme form Alice in Wonderland. I'm going to buy this CD tomorrow when I get a chance to get on the computer that has iTunes on it... =D (Thanks Hannah! (She basically got it for me for my birthday))
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. Happy birthday again.

2. I wish I could have eaten all that yummy stuff with you.

3. that is a weird analogy, but it works :-P

4. I can kinda tell you wrote this late at night.

5. You're welcome.

H. Ley