Friday, April 30, 2010

NIPTO, Day 82

I feel like there's so much to write about. But I don't know how to start.
Yesterday afternoon, I was reading MckMama's blog and she mentioned another blog. I clicked on the link and went to the beginning of the posts. January 2008. The blog is written by a woman named Angie Smith. On her blog she tells the story of how they lost their daughter. It's a heartbreaking story. I'm in August of 2008 right now. Their faith through all of the awful things that happened is amazing. If you've never heard her story, I would strongly recommend going to her blog and reading it. I can't do it justice here. I went to bed crying last night. Crying because of loss and hurt and heartbreak. I started listening to music on my phone while I was getting ready for bed. Barlow Girl's song Porcelain Heart came on. There's a line that says "were hearts made whole just to break?" and I thought about it. And I think the answer is Yes. Hearts were made whole to break... and then be made whole again by Jesus.



You know/You pray/This can't be the way/You cry/You say/Something's gotta change/And mend this porcelain heart of mine/Someone said/A broken heart/Would sting at first then make you stronger/I wonder why this pain remains/Were hearts made whole just to break?/You know/You pray/This can't be the way/You cry/You say/Something's gotta change/and mend this porcelain heart/Creator/Only you take brokenness/And create it into beauty once again/You know/You pray/This can't be the way/You cry/You say/Something's gotta change/You know you pray/This can't be the way/You cry/You say/Something's gotta change/And mend this porcelain heart/Please, mend this porcelain heart of mine/Creator, mend this heart

Last night I had the privilege of watching two adorable boys that go to my church. They're so stinkin' cute! I took a few pictures and so I thought I'd put up a few.

This is Toby (He has gorgeous eyes!)
Annnd this is Eli (He has an adorable smile!)

Let me tell you. They are sweet sweet boys.

This, however, is not one of the boys. It's a clothing line.
 I thought it was cool with the sunlight on it so I took a picture.

A reflection

 I saw the bud in the last picture and immediately took a picture of it. It was shining with light reflected off of a window. I looked at it and thought "that's what I want to be" I want to be a flower that shines light. God's the sun, Jesus is the window, I'm the flower.
Just a thought.


 Oh the irony of the words we speak. I just called my sister and her friend weird because they highlighted their class schedules... while I was coloring a page that my sister printed out for me with CRAYONS. Oh yeah. My mom made fun of me after that.


My dog's insane. Just thought you should know that. That's all.

Okay. Back to Angie's blog. I read more of it today. I think I'm well on my way to reading her entire blog in 3 days... That's a little scary. But I feel drawn to read more. I keep my spot bookmarked on my computer. I'm in June 2009. Less than a year to go =P
But seriously. Reading about how she and her family dealt with and are still dealing with the pain and grief of losing a child is amazing. She is such a strong woman. I hope that I'll get to meet her in person some day. She's a gorgeous woman with a heart that longs to serve Jesus. Go check out her blog if you haven't already. Just click here. I think, to be honest, I'm going to be bummed when I have to wait for her to actually post new material! I've been reading in volume and I'm going to have to wait! But waiting can be a good thing. But seriously. Go read her blog. Now. Mine will still be here later. So will hers. Take your pick. I might be a little while longer! hah!
(We both have a tendency to write long blog posts. I like her already!)

It is now 10:30. WOOOOT for posting late. My grandparents came today and we went to pick my sister up from Kent. Then we went out to lunch at Applebee's which was faaantastic! And then we came home and just sat around and talked. It was fabulous to "gospel" with the ladies, as we like to put it.
My grandparents and sister are here because tomorrow is a very special day. My middle sister, Hannah, is graduating from high school! I can't believe that I'm goign to be all alone next fall (sniff sniff... (Hey. I'm looking forward to getting stuf done without my sister randomly popping in to see what I'm doing. SCHOOL. Bug off. =P (I don't tell her that. Really. (This is now quadruple parenthesis HAHA)))) Sorry. It's getting late and something, maybe the delicoius dessert (chocolate chocolate chip ice cream and black raspberry pie) are getting to me. (I did not eat those together. That would've been gross. The pie and the ice cream were in separate bowls... I think I've just experienced OCD to the fullest... ha!)
So I think I better start actually getting to this scripture!


Onwards to Romans 6 today!
This is a lot more than I've covered this past week. But it's good. I really like this section. So I guess I'll let you read it. And my notes on it :) Finally.
(This is the first time in a week or so that I've posted "late." It's kind of weird. I've felt weird leaving this post open all day to do other, school and family related, things as posted above)

Romans 6:1-14
 1What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase?

WHOOP! I addressed this question in my last post. GO ME. =P Here's some actual scriptural references to this. Not just me and my faulty opinions.

2By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?  

DUDE. Sin is dead to us. There is no way that it can have any kind of hold over us. How comforting is that? ` 


3Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

This is a beautiful picture of baptism. This is the picture of baptism. We were buried with Christ (being lowered into the water) then we are raised from the dead through the glory of God (being raised out of the water)
We're actually having a baptism at church in a couple weeks. I'm excited. Baptisms are always exciting. (And because I'm an EK (Elder's Kid) I get to find out who's getting baptized. It's exciting!) 
We get to live through God. FANNNNTASTIC.


 5If we have been united with him like this in his death, we will certainly also be united with him in his resurrection.

So baptism is how we're united with Christ's death. How much more will we be united with him in his resurrection? It's encouraging. Comforting. 


6For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin— 7because anyone who has died has been freed from sin.

Our old self is gone. Our old nature is gone, I should say. Anyone who has died with Christ is free. We're no longer bound to our old nature. God has dealt with that. We don't need to worry about it anymore. We're free. Free. λύω. lyō (lü'-ō).  FREE. If you want to see all the definitions for this word, you can click here. It's amazing.


 8Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. 9For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. 


GAAAAAAAAAH. I may or may not have just screamed. You'll never know. BOO YAHHH. =P (I felt the need to add a "boo yah" to this post... just fyi.) This is a fantastic portion of scripture. We die with Christ. We live with Christ. Annnd since Christ was raised from the dead and can no longer die, once we die and are raised from the dead, we won't die again. It has no mastery over him. Or us. FREE.



10The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God.

I can't even find words to describe this verse. That's all.

SS
 11In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus.

This is good. Great. Amazing? Yeah. We're dead to sin. It can't touch us. We're alive to God. Through Christ's resurrection. YUP. We're alive. And that is something to be thankful for. 


12Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. 13Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instruments of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of   

Sin has no control. We're free. That's what this post is about I guess. Freedom. I feel like I should reference Beth Moore's "Breaking Free" study... but I've never done it... hah. But seriously: We should offer ourselves fully to God. We've been brought from death to life. Amazing. I can't even comprehend it. 


14For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace.

WOOOOOOOOT FREEDOM. Grace. Freedom. No more law. Just freedom and grace. (The law still applies. (We should actually uphold it. Romans 3:31. Check it if you don't believe me.)) (BOOYAH! to the Matilda reference. If you got it *high five*) (I'm a nerd. And like parentheses?)


OOOOOKAY. I'm done for now. I need to go to bed. I need to get up early tomorrow for my sister's GRADUATION! Crazy.
Goodnight. I'll post tomorrow afternoon. Probably with pictures. BE prepared.
BYE.

No comments: