Tuesday, October 12, 2010

NIPTO, Day 247

Hey all!

Today's been good. I slept in a little bit.
Did school. Lots of it. And watched part of A Knight's Tale during lunch. Did a little bit more school. And now I'm here. And I have to leave in half an hour for Urban Vision and dance. So I'm just going to do NIPTO and I'll tell y'all about the rest of my day tomorrow, kay?
:)

Hosea 3:1-5
 1 The LORD said to me, "Go, show your love to your wife again, though she is loved by another and is an adulteress. Love her as the LORD loves the Israelites, though they turn to other gods and love the sacred raisin cakes."


God told Hosea to go and find his wife. She cheated on him. Like Israel had cheated on God.


 2 So I bought her for fifteen shekels of silver and about a homer and a lethek of barley.
Hosea bought his wife back. It's just so sad.


3 Then I told her, "You are to live with me many days; you must not be a prostitute or be intimate with any man, and I will live with you."
 
4 For the Israelites will live many days without king or prince, without sacrifice or sacred stones, without ephod or idol. 5Afterward the Israelites will return and seek the LORD their God and David their king. They will come trembling to the LORD and to his blessings in the last days.
Hosea told his wife that if she was going to live with him, and she was, that she mustn't be a prostitute any more. He explained how Israel would live for a long time without a king or prince, sacrifice or sacred stones, ephod or idol. But after they lived without for so long they would turn back and seek God. The God of David, their king. And they would come trembling back to God and his blessings in their last days.
I think this is such an interesting parallel that God has Hosea make. It's excellent, but how painful would it have been for Hosea to go and buy his wife back after she committed adultery? But that makes me think: How painful is it for God to have to give his son for us every time we sin. 
That doesn't exactly work because God only gave his son once, but for every sin we commit, it's one more that was laid upon Jesus' shoulders. 




It's a short day today. Which is probably a good thing. Because I've gotta head out and get ready to go! But I'm glad I got that done. Now I can come home and go to bed tonight! =)

Hope y'all are having a fantastic day!


No comments: