Tuesday, October 26, 2010

NIPTO, Day 261

Hi everyone.

Today has been a very long day. 
Got up (with much... trepidation? not really. Just didn't feel like getting up.), got ready, did a tiny bit of school, went to the dentist, did some school in the waiting area, went home, did more school, ate lunch and watched Pushing Daises, and then did more school. Then we went to Urban Vision (after a lot of hemming and hawing about whether we should go or not because the weather wasn't looking so great. Big storm went through... sometime today. We were at Urban Vision in their large brick building and I didn't hear or see a thing.). I was in the Gym for the entire time, except for dinner and homework. Dinner was super yum. Rice and sloppy joes, applesauce and a cupcake. Pumpkin cupcake. YUM.
I got ready for ballet and went upstairs... I'll have to take some pictures of the "studio" eventually to put  up here. Annnd we did ballet. And then I went to dance for two hours. I got my jazz shoes (exciting! Now I don't fall when I spin! And I can actually do decent turns!). Annd yeah. I drove home with Dad... I was talking to him in the car... There are two girls who are in jazz who aren't in modern. E and K. As soon as they left, almost everyone started making fun of K. It was so sad. Like, it wasn't even anything... super serious, but it was still mean. They are mean girls. I sat back and didn't really do anything, but if they do anything next week, something's gonna go down. It's saddening and disappointing to see five or six girls who are nice people get so mean about something little. It's rude and hurtful. It makes you wonder what they say about you behind your back. I know I shot up a prayer during that. I just didn't know what to do. I wanted to say something and stick up for her, but I wasn't sure what to say. One of the girls even asked me, "Are you friends with her?" and I was like, "Well... kinda? We talk a little bit." And she was like, "Oh. Okay." and then started/kept talking about her. 
It makes you realize how shallow people are. And how immature and stupid high school girls are/can be. 
I guess that right now all I can do is pray and do something if they do anything next week. I'm not going to let this go. K is a nice person and doesn't deserve to be treated like that behind her back. 

*Deep breath*
Moving on. To NIPTO.

I think I'm going to start Ecclesiastes. Here is some great background information on Ecclesiastes! (It's a PDF, just so you know.)

Ecclesiastes 1:1-11
1 The words of the Teacher, son of David, king in Jerusalem:
 2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!"
       says the Teacher.
       "Utterly meaningless!
       Everything is meaningless."

In the words of the Teacher, a son of David, the king of Jerusalem: Meaningless. Everything is utterly meaningless. Hm. I wonder why. Let's keep reading.


 3 What does man gain from all his labor
       at which he toils under the sun?
 4 Generations come and generations go,
       but the earth remains forever.
 5 The sun rises and the sun sets,
       and hurries back to where it rises.

What do we get from working under the sun? People come, people go. The earth is here forever. The sun rises, the sun sets, the sun rises again.
I'm sensing... a little bit of monotony. 


 6 The wind blows to the south
       and turns to the north;
       round and round it goes,
       ever returning on its course.
 7 All streams flow into the sea,
       yet the sea is never full.
       To the place the streams come from,
       there they return again.

The wind blows in circles. All streams go to the sea, but the sea is never full. Where the streams come from, they go back to.


 8 All things are wearisome,
       more than one can say.
       The eye never has enough of seeing,
       nor the ear its fill of hearing.
 9 What has been will be again,
       what has been done will be done again;
       there is nothing new under the sun.

All things are wearisome. Everything that you do is going to get tiring. The eye never has enough seeing and the ear never has enough hearing. That could go on forever. 
What has been will be again, and what has been done will be done again
The author makes a bold statement. "there is nothing new under the sun."
Wow. Uh... okay. Keep reading. (The author is kind of a Debbie Downer. (or Negative Nancy, if you will.))


 10 Is there anything of which one can say,
       "Look! This is something new"?
       It was here already, long ago;
       it was here before our time.

Is there anything that we can really claim newness for? Well. Not really. Pretty much everything has been here. That's something interesting to think about. Because people are making "new" things every day. But how new are they really?


 11 There is no remembrance of men of old,
       and even those who are yet to come
       will not be remembered
       by those who follow.

There is no remembrance of the people of the past. The people who are yet to come won't even be remembered by the people who follow them.
All depressing. Huh.
Debbie Downer. 

Annnnd moving on again. I know six people who have birthdays today.
Kaytee, Connie, Josh, Christine, Janaya, and Ye Shen.
So Happy birthday to all of them! Even though I don't think any of them read my blog... haha

I'm going to go to bed now. Spanish class tomorrow! Ole! haha 
Hope you all had a fantastic day :)

No comments: