Thursday, October 21, 2010

NIPTO, Day 256

Hi.

I'm tired today.

Alpha was good yesterday. We talked about satan's schemes. And how to combat them with the armor of God. I think next week will focus more on the armor of God.

I stood around and talked to Don and Keith after because Erin had to talk to Pastor Jennifer about something and Erin's my ride home, soo yeah. That was kind of fun. They're funny guys.
Came home, watched the very end of Survivor, watched Monday's Chuck and then went to bed. It was GREAT!
I slept for... 9 1/2 hours. Gloooorious. I love sleep. It was good.
Got up, ate breakfast, and did school. Watched Pushing Daisies (Season 2, Ep. 1) during lunch. Did the ACT drill... and now I'm blogging. And listening to Dave Ramsey. Yaaaay! I babysit in about an hour... sooo NIPTO.

Hosea 11:1-11
1 "When Israel was a child, I loved him,
       and out of Egypt I called my son.



This chapter is about God's love for Israel. 
When Israel was young, God loved them. He called them out of Egypt and claimed them as his family.


 2 But the more I called Israel,
       the further they went from me.
       They sacrificed to the Baals
       and they burned incense to images.

 3 It was I who taught Ephraim to walk,
       taking them by the arms;
       but they did not realize
       it was I who healed them.

 4 I led them with cords of human kindness,
       with ties of love;
       I lifted the yoke from their neck
       and bent down to feed them.


The more God called them, though, the more they pulled away from God. 
He taught Ephraim to walk. Like a parent teaches a baby. Ephraim didn't realize that God healed them, that he "led them with cords of human kindness." He lifted a yoke from their neck and fed them himself.
Ungrateful little wretches. (Aren't we ungrateful little wretches too, though? Yeah. We are.)


 5 "Will they not return to Egypt
       and will not Assyria rule over them
       because they refuse to repent?

 6 Swords will flash in their cities,
       will destroy the bars of their gates
       and put an end to their plans.

 7 My people are determined to turn from me.
       Even if they call to the Most High,
       he will by no means exalt them.



Because they refused to repent of their sins, they would return to Egypt and be ruled over by Assyria. Swords would put an end to their plans. 
They were determined to turn and run from God. Even if they called on God, he wouldn't  honor them. By no means.


 8 "How can I give you up, Ephraim?
       How can I hand you over, Israel?
       How can I treat you like Admah?
       How can I make you like Zeboiim?
       My heart is changed within me;
       all my compassion is aroused.


God asks how he could give up Ephraim and hand them over to Israel, treat them like Admah, or make them like Zeboiim.
God was all about carrying out his wrath against them, but he changed and was compassionate.


 9 I will not carry out my fierce anger,
       nor will I turn and devastate Ephraim.
       For I am God, and not man—
       the Holy One among you.
       I will not come in wrath. 



God wouldn't carry out his anger against Ephraim. Because he was God, and not man, the only holy hone in their midst, he wouldn't come in wrath. Exciting! haha




 10 They will follow the LORD;
       he will roar like a lion.
       When he roars,
       his children will come trembling from the west.

 11 They will come trembling
       like birds from Egypt,
       like doves from Assyria.
       I will settle them in their homes,"
       declares the LORD.


The nations would follow the LORD. He will roar like a lion (ASLAN! YEAH BUDDY!). And when he roars, his children will come to him, trembling. Like birds from Egypt or doves from Assyria. They be settled in their homes by God.


Amazing. Well... It's almost time for me to go babysit... soooo I'll be back tomorrow! More from Hosea comin' your way :)
Have a good one! (Even if it did just start to rain where I am...)

No comments: