Sunday, October 24, 2010

NIPTO, Day 259

Just another whirlwind day...
and another day that I CAN'T SPELL! Urg. Or breathe. Yay. Being sick kinda sucks. But I'm getting over myself. And my sickness haha.

Today... we did music at church... I played piano which was different for me. And we went to lunch with some old friends which was fun!
Then we came home and went on a walk. It was GORGEOUS out today!
Thennnnnn I talked to Kayt for a long while. She wins. It's awesome. haha
And after that, Mom and I worked on my paper. And then I went to youth group (which was awesome!) and then came home and checked facebook and whatnot and then finished my paper. Which now needs to be printed. But that'll get done. Ya know.

And now I'm pretty exhaustified. And hungry. I had a piece of chocolate cake for dinner... not my healthiest choice. But I made that choice. And it made me happy. So I'll call it a good choice. haha

NIPTO time, I guess.
Hosea 13:9-16

9 "You are destroyed, O Israel,
       because you are against me, against your helper.
 
10 Where is your king, that he may save you?
       Where are your rulers in all your towns,
       of whom you said,
       'Give me a king and princes'?
 
11 So in my anger I gave you a king,
       and in my wrath I took him away.

Israel was going to be destroyed because they were against God. Their helper
God asks them where their king is so he can save them. Israel wanted a king, so in his anger God gave them a king. And in his anger he took their king away.




 12 The guilt of Ephraim is stored up,
       his sins are kept on record.
 
13 Pains as of a woman in childbirth come to him,
       but he is a child without wisdom;
       when the time arrives,
       he does not come to the opening of the womb.

Ephraim's guilt was stored up. 
And I'm not sure how to describe there rest of that. 


 14 "I will ransom them from the power of the grave;
       I will redeem them from death.
       Where, O death, are your plagues?
       Where, O grave, is your destruction?

God would save them, ransom them, from the power of the grave. He would redeem them from death.
Then God questions death's destruction&plagues. Awesome.



       "I will have no compassion,
 
15 even though he thrives among his brothers.
       An east wind from the LORD will come,
       blowing in from the desert;
       his spring will fail
       and his well dry up.
       His storehouse will be plundered
       of all its treasures.
 
16 The people of Samaria must bear their guilt,
       because they have rebelled against their God.
       They will fall by the sword;
       their little ones will be dashed to the ground,
       their pregnant women ripped open."

God wouldn't have any kind of compassion on his people even though they were doing well. God would send a wind that would bring them down. 
The Samarians would just have to bear their guilt because they rebelled against their God. They would die by the sword. Bad thing would happen. 


And that seems like a terrible place to end, but that's where the chapter ends. And that's where my brain power ends.
It's been a long day and my brain is about fried.
(But, just because I'm a little bit in a paper writing mode, I wonder how many words I've typed over the past 259 days... A lot, I'm sure!)
And now I print my paper and go to sleep.
G'night alllllll.

No comments: