Saturday, October 16, 2010

NIPTO, Day 251

I've got a feeling (wooooooohooooooo) that I'm not going to be able to write about my day or whatnot until tomorrow or Monday. YAY for being busy =/

So I'm going to do NIPTO and see what kind of time I have left.

Hosea 6:4-10

4 "What can I do with you, Ephraim?
       What can I do with you, Judah?
       Your love is like the morning mist,
       like the early dew that disappears.
 
5 Therefore I cut you in pieces with my prophets,
       I killed you with the words of my mouth;
       my judgments flashed like lightning upon you.

So Israel was being awesome and, well, awesome. But they didn't really keep it up. They wanted to be devoted and faithful, but their love was temporary. Like a morning mist that gets burned off by the sun. (I saw a mist over corn fields this morning. GORGEOUS!) But it was gone when I went outside again. 
So God kinda cut them apart with his prophets and killed them with his words. His judgement was quick. Like lightning.


 6 For I desire mercy, not sacrifice,
       and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings.
THIS. IS. AN. AMAZING. VERSE!
God doesn't want our sacrifices. He wants us. He wants our acknowledgment of him, not burnt offerings.
Do we give God our "burnt offerings" instead of our acknowledgment?  


 7 Like Adam, they have broken the covenant—
       they were unfaithful to me there.
 
8 Gilead is a city of wicked men,
       stained with footprints of blood.
 
9 As marauders lie in ambush for a man,
       so do bands of priests;
       they murder on the road to Shechem,
       committing shameful crimes.
 
10 I have seen a horrible thing
       in the house of Israel.
       There Ephraim is given to prostitution
       and Israel is defiled.

They broke the covenant. They were unfaithful. The cities were wicked. People ambushed other people. Horrible things happened in the "house of Israel."
It just wasn't good.
Wayyy to go Israel.
More on you tomorrow, Israel.


Annnd now I'mma go to bed.
I'll try to update some tomorrow! =)

No comments: