Saturday, October 23, 2010

NIPTO, Day 258

I am super tired today.

Yesterday after I babysat I ate dinner and then went to the football game with Kaytee and Jason. Green severely whooped Revere. (43-0) Yup. It was great.
Annnd I hung out at Kayt's house for a little bit after the game... came home and finished blogging... got ready for bed... read some. Went to sleep. Woke up to a phone call at 8:15, got ready for the day, went to BK's bachelor pad for a youth leadership team meeting (awesomesauce), then went to Summit Mall with Mom to look for a ring for me! (For our 16th birthday, all three of us girls get a ring. We were a little late on the shopping for mine, so it ended up being more of a 16 1/2 birthday present =P)
I found a ring! So that was exciting. It was one of the first rings I looked at, but it's technically a men's ring, so I had to order it to get it in the right size. (And we ended up going to Belden Village because they had to order it. Fairlawn is just a little far away to go pick up a ring.) They had the ring I wanted at every single store that we went to, which was kind of funny. But we went to Auntie Anne's after and got pretzels and ate them and then went to Forever21 and shopped for a little bit. I got a sweet pair of gloves... and yeah. It was a good day.
I am exhausted now, though. I'm still sick. I don't know if I even mentioned on here that I am sick... well. I am sick. Cold. Stuffy nose, cough, and whatever.
I'm hoping to go to bed early tonight... watch a movie with Mom&Dad and then go to bed. Maybe read for a little bit. Just keep it chill. I would like to go to Unseen Masterpiece's show tonight, but I'm just too tired. (I would highly recommend clicking on that link and listening to "Supa-Dupa." It will make you smile!)

NIPTO!
Hosea 13:1-8
1 When Ephraim spoke, men trembled;
       he was exalted in Israel.
       But he became guilty of Baal worship and died.




Alrighty. This is "The Lord's Anger Against Israel."
So Ephraim was this big powerful... force. Voice. Whatever. A good speaker. When Ephraim spoke, people listened. And trembled. Ephraim was exalted in Israel. He (they?) were high up. (But he/they obviously didn't have good leadership skillz like we learned today: you can't just be a good speaker, you have to practice what you preach. And you have to believe what you preach.)
Ephraim didn't practice what t(he)y preached.
He started worshiping Baal and died. WOO fun story. 


 2 Now they sin more and more;
       they make idols for themselves from their silver,
       cleverly fashioned images,
       all of them the work of craftsmen.
       It is said of these people,
       "They offer human sacrifice
       and kiss the calf-idols."

Ephraim started sinning more. They made themselves idols. And they offered human sacrifices. Wrong. Just... just wrong. 


 3 Therefore they will be like the morning mist,
       like the early dew that disappears,
       like chaff swirling from a threshing floor,
       like smoke escaping through a window.

B
ecause they did that, they would get burned off like the morning mist. (I love watching morning mist being burned off, however, I believe that this wouldn't be as pleasant to watch!) They would be like smoke going out a window... (also fun to watch). 


 4 "But I am the LORD your God,
       who brought you out of Egypt.
       You shall acknowledge no God but me,
       no Savior except me.

God is, well, God. He was the one who brought them out of Egypt. And he was the one that they would acknowledge. 


 5 I cared for you in the desert,
       in the land of burning heat.
 
6 When I fed them, they were satisfied;
       when they were satisfied, they became proud;
       then they forgot me.

God cared for them in the desert. When he fed them, they were full and happy. But once they became full and happy, they got proud and forgot God. =/ 
We, as Americans, tend to get full and happy on... life. Our jobs/careers, school, whatever. We're doing well at something. Things are going well. And we get proud thinking that we're doing it on our own, when really God is involved a whole lot. But we get proud anyways and forget God. Sad day. 


 7 So I will come upon them like a lion,
       like a leopard I will lurk by the path.
 
8 Like a bear robbed of her cubs,
       I will attack them and rip them open.
       Like a lion I will devour them;
       a wild animal will tear them apart.

So, because they forgot God, he would attack them. Like a Lion. He would lurk like leopard. (Hosea had some great alliteration! haha)
He would attack them like a bear robbed of her cubs. Feirce. And I'm not talking about God's outfit, although I'm sure it's killer =P
He was basically going to rip them apart/up because they forgot him. 
I'd really rather not be on the receiving end of that!




And, although that's quite a morbid note to end on, I'm going to end there.
Because I'm
awesome like that. Yeahhhhh! haha
Adios my blog readers. Y'all are awesome.

No comments: