Friday, October 29, 2010

NIPTO, Day 264

Hey y'aaaaaall.

I'm in a good mood right now. I'm listening to the music from the end of Monk.... glorious music that I haven't heard for a longg time. And I just edited some pictures and am working on a project a little bit... :) I love editing.

Alrighty. My day today. It was... crazy. Just a litle bit. Got up early. Did school. Babysat Zakk, Derek, Emily, and Hailey. They're adorable. I got to sit with Hailey on my lap and read for about an hour. She was asleep. It was very peaceful.

Then I came home and checked facebook a bit and then babysat for Nate. We played football. I'm actually getting to be decent at throwing a football. Even if my arm hurts a little bit the next day. (Yes, I am a wimp!)

Then I came home and... did I don't know what. We ate dinner... I helped Mom clean up, and then we watched Nancy Drew and I edited some pictures... and now we're watching Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. Definitely a good movie! :) (Even if both of my parents fell asleep. Awwww they're cute... awwww they just woke up. hahaha)

I worked on a little bit of a project that I was just "issued." It was fun. I think it turned out well. (It was a banner for a website that a friend is working on.)

So now I finish watching Cloudy W/ a Chance of Meatballs annd then do NIPTO.
That was a cute movie! And I got my initial project done and sent back to issuer. (I'll get comments back tomorrow/what he wants tweaked, etc.)
NIPTO!
Ecclesiastes 2:12-16
12 Then I turned my thoughts to consider wisdom,
       and also madness and folly.
       What more can the king's successor do
       than what has already been done?



So this king has everything he could ever want. But he's still realizing that it's worth nothing. So he starts to think about wisdom. And madness. And folly. He asks what the king's successor can do that hasn't already been done.


 13 I saw that wisdom is better than folly,
       just as light is better than darkness.
 


He saw something somewhat profound, yet incredibly simple. Wisdom is better than folly. Just like light is better than darkness. 
Light is associated with good, dark with bad. Wisdom=light=good, folly=dark=bad.
Simple as that! haha


 14 The wise man has eyes in his head,
       while the fool walks in the darkness;
       but I came to realize
       that the same fate overtakes them both.



A wise person has eyes and uses them. A fool has eyes but doesn't use them. Keeps them shut, actually. But then the author realized that the same thing happens to both of them... hm. I wonder what that is...


 15 Then I thought in my heart,
       "The fate of the fool will overtake me also.
       What then do I gain by being wise?"
       I said in my heart,
       "This too is meaningless."
 
16 For the wise man, like the fool, will not be long remembered;
       in days to come both will be forgotten.
       Like the fool, the wise man too must die!



The author thought "Huh. I'm going to become a fool. What am I gaining by being wise? Nothing. This too is meaningless." 
Mannnnnn. This person is depressed! 
But: the wise person and the fool will both be forgotten. Both people will die. And one might have a slightly longer legacy than the other, but in the end, they're both forgotten.
Bummer.




I feel like I keep ending these with "bummer." That's a bummer.
Because once again, ladies and gentlemen, it's late and I need to go to bed.
I get to sleep in tomorrow.... lovely.
And I get to dress up for Halloween! YAY! (Nerd Herder, here I come! (
Here is my Nerd Herd badge!) (Sorry, Kate. I'm not going to be a M&M with whipped cream on top. Even if you offered me $5. Susan agreed that you should give me at least $10. HAH!) Sorry 'bout that. Insideish joke. :)
A'ight. I'm done here.
Goooooodnight people who read my blog!


No comments: