Saturday, October 30, 2010

NIPTO, Day 265

Hey allll.

Today was a fantastic day!

I slept in. Laid in bed for a longg time and read. Ate breakfast. Sat on "my chair" and read. For a long long long time. Until about 1 o'clock. Then I took a shower and finally got ready for the day. The Karen girls came annnnd they looked through coats and got costumes sorted out. Then they watched Twitches Two annnd erm.... uh... I think Dad and I worked on our pumpkins some. And then we printed out our Nerd Herd badges... annnd ate dinner. I got ready/dressed and finished up my pumpkin. Then we headed out to go trick-or-treating around the neighborhood! 'Twas fun! Here are some pictures :)

Me as a Nerd Herder

Our group

Me&My Nerd Herd Pumpkin

The pumpkins at night. Kinda.

Nerd Herd Logo!

Me. Kinda creepy! haha

Me&my pumpkin again

Think this picture is "nerdy" enough? =P
So that was my night. Came home. Mom&Dad took the Karen girls home. I sat and did whatever on the computer. Then Mom&Dad came home and we watched an episode of Pushing Daisies. And here I am.
Soooooo NIPTO? Yeah.

Ecclesiastes 2:17-26
 17 So I hated life, because the work that is done under the sun was grievous to me. All of it is meaningless, a chasing after the wind. 18 I hated all the things I had toiled for under the sun, because I must leave them to the one who comes after me.19 And who knows whether he will be a wise man or a fool? Yet he will have control over all the work into which I have poured my effort and skill under the sun. This too is meaningless.


I feel like this is all pretty self explanatory. Is it? I don't even know. But he has a point. What are we doing that has legit lasting value? Who knows who will have our material possessions and what they'll do with them.




20 So my heart began to despair over all my toilsome labor under the sun. 21 For a man may do his work with wisdom, knowledge and skill, and then he must leave all he owns to someone who has not worked for it. This too is meaningless and a great misfortune.


He got depressed. You can work and work and put your all into something and then it can be left to someone who doesn't give a dime about what you did. That, my dear readers, is depressing.




22 What does a man get for all the toil and anxious striving with which he labors under the sun? 23 All his days his work is pain and grief; even at night his mind does not rest. This too is meaningless.


What do you get from working hard and being anxious? A whole lot of nothing. Or pain and grief. Uhg. That sounds awful. Meaningless!


 24 A man can do nothing better than to eat and drink and find satisfaction in his work. This too, I see, is from the hand of God, 25 for without him, who can eat or find enjoyment? 26 To the man who pleases him, God gives wisdom, knowledge and happiness, but to the sinner he gives the task of gathering and storing up wealth to hand it over to the one who pleases God. This too is meaningless, a chasing after the wind.

Ahhhhhhhh meaning! Something that has meaning! All you can do is eat, drink, and be satisfied with what you do. But you have to have God, otherwise it's... you guessed it! Meaningless. Because God gives wisdom, knowledge, and happiness. But the sinners (which is us, most of the time) get the task of gathering material wealth that's meaningless. Great. Glad we have Jesus to make our lives worthwhile! Yay!


So. I'm leaving it there. But. I'm giving you a video to an awesome song. Brielle by Sky Sailing. Sky Sailing is a baby project of Adam Young (Owl City)'s. He's amazing. Take a listen!



Goodnight!

No comments: