Sunday, February 7, 2010

Growth

Since the year has started, I've learned a lot about growth. I've learned that disappointment is a big part of growing/growing up.
Disappointment is pretty much unavoidable. Disappointment in friends, family, God, yourself... It's tough to deal with, but it ultimately leads to personal growth.

My friends have been a major part of my growth. After I went to IGNITE in Columbus, I feel like the devil has been attacking me with my friends or lack there of. Being busy, not hanging out, just relaxing and talking has been getting to me.

Just this past weekend, I was supposed to go to Columbus to see one of my friends whom I haven't seen in almost 2 years. God had other plans because he a) threw my mom's back out and b) made over a foot of snow and let it dump on Ohio.

NIPTO is going to be a key to my growth this year. Intensive discipleship and mentoring. Reading. Memorizing. Fasting. Generally devoting my entire life to following God's call.
It's super exciting. Tomorrow marks the first day. Hopefully I'll be blogging more regularly to update my progress :)

P.S. Super Bowl Commercials rock my socks. =D

No comments: