Friday, February 12, 2010

NIPTO, Day 5

Well..... hello!

Here are my thoughts from "today's" reading. (I'm posting this Saturday morning, but I'm going to make it look like I'm posting it Friday night. How sweet is that? I kind of ruined it by telling you that... but whatever. I did do the readings yesterday and that's what really matters.)

In Matthew 17:27, Jesus was talking about paying taxes and whatnot: "But so that we may not offend them [the tax collectors], go to the lake and throw out your line. Take the first fish you [Peter] catch; open its mouth and you will find a four-drachma coin. Take it and give it to them for my tax and yours."
Okay. I don't know about you, but I would be a little freaked out if that actually happened. Like. Seriously. If Jesus told me to go and catch a fish. Any fish. And it would actually have a four-drachma coin in its mouth?? Woah. I'd kind of freak out. But then again, this is Jesus we're talking about, so I guess I wouldn't be TOO freaked out =P

Matthew 20:32-34- Jesus stopped and called to them. "what do you want me to do for you?" he asked. "Lord," they answered. "We want our sight." Jesus had compassion on them and touched their eyes. Immediately they received their sight and followed him.
The faith that's displayed in these 3 verses is tremendous. They knew that Jesus could heal, and they didn't doubt. I'm guessing that they probably heard other people saying things like "Jesus can't really heal people" or "You'll never be near enough for him to even notice you. He's too important." They didn't doubt that they would be healed. It's amazing. <-- Amazing is an awful word to describe that, but it's all I can think of right now.

Proverbs 12:14- From the fruit of his lips a man is filled with good things
as surely as the work of his hands rewards him.
I gather from this verse that when you work hard with your hands, you are rewarded. Say if you farm, you'll get food or money out of farming. So What you say determines if you are filled with "good things" that are from God.

Revelation 5:6- Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing in the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. He had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.
This verse stood out to me because he saw a LAMB that looked as if it had been slain. That's Jesus. He was the perfect son of God that was slain to take away our sins. It gives me goosebumps just thinking about it!

Revelation 5:12-13- In a loud voice they sang:

"Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain,
to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength
and honor and glory and praise!"

13Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, singing:
"To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb
be praise and honor and glory and power,
for ever and ever!"

These verses are also reminiscent of Revelation song which is based off of... you guessed it: Revelation. These verses are reminders of how holy and wonderful God is. They remind us that he deserves all of our praise. I love these verses. That's about it. haha


Last night after I finished my NIPTO readings, I was reading the Heavenly Man and I saw this quote and it was kind of amazing.

"I learned that if we obey God miracles will happen, no matter what circumstances we find ourselves in"

- Brother Yun


That's the thought I'm going to leave you with for... *ahem* today.

No comments: