Friday, February 26, 2010

NIPTO, Day 19

It's late. I'm tired and lame. This is going to be a short post. I think I wore myself out posting yesterday haha.
Why is it that, out of all of my family members, minus my mom, I am the one who is "responsible" and tears herself away from the Olympic bobsledding to go to bed? (GO USA 4-MAN BOBSLED TEAM #1! =P) I'm the youngest... shouldn't I be rallying for us to stay up late? I guess not. Or maybe I'm just the one who is the most tired. Strange.
Whew. Ready for bed. Now I just have to actually do the reading/posting and then I can crawl under my nice, cozy covers and go to sleep to Jim Dale's voice reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I really wish Jim Dale read the Bible. That, my dear readers, would be simply FANTASTIC. I would have the bible memorized in a jiffy (Okay. Maybe not THAT fast... but you get the idea) and, yes, I just used a ridiculously cliche word to describe that, but it's true.

Allll righty.
Luke 19:33-34- As they were untying the cold, its owners asked them, "Why are you untying the colt?" 34They replied, "The Lord needs it."
I think that we often don't respond to ourselves in this way. We ask ourselves why we're following God, and it might just be "because we know we need him to go to heaven." But that's not going to cut it. It's because the Lord needs us. We're the workers who plant seeds in people's minds and hearts. The Lord needs us. We can't question it, even if we want to.

Proverbs 26:9- Like a thorn-bush in a drunkard's hand is a proverb in the mouth of a fool. I don't know about you, but I'd be pretty afraid of some drunk person with a thorn-bush. So I guess we should be just as scared of a proverb in the mouth of a fool. Doesn't seem quite as severe, but it pretty much is.

Revelation 19:5- Then a voice came from the throne, saying: "Praise our God, all you his servants, you who fear him, both small and great!" No matter what your "size" in your faith, praise God. He's amazing and deserves way more than we can ever give to him.

That's all folks.
Until tomorrow.

No comments: