Thursday, February 18, 2010

NIPTO, Day 11

Mark 10:18- "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone" This is a verse that pretty clearly explains why no one can get to heaven by good works alone: no one is good because only God is good.

Proverbs 18:10- The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe. This verse is just encouraging to me. No matter what's goin' on, you can always run to God and be safe. :)

Revelation 11:13- At that very hour there was a severe earthquake and a tenth of the city collapsed. Seven thousand people were killed in the earthquake, and the survivors were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven. Now this is what I'm talking about! So... it's pretty terrible that there was the earthquake to begin with, but the people aren't as dense as the people I posted about the other day. (I think it was yesterday or the day before. Not really sure and I'm too lazy to go look.) The people that I posted about the other day witnessed disasters and didn't acknowledge the glory of God, but these people know where the glory should go. To God. The ruler of Heaven. The ruler of Earth. The uncreated one. I could go on and on, but for your sake, I won't.

No comments: