Sunday, February 28, 2010

NIPTO, Day 21

Why is it late every time I post?!? This awful pattern needs to end. Tomorrow. I am GOING to get up early, exercise, and have my quiet time before school. It is GOING to happen. I'm posting this on here so it will happen. Because I might just shrug it off tomorrow morning when my alarm goes off. I shall fight the battle of the blankets tomorrow morning. (I cannot take credit for that statement, seeing as it was in Rick Warren's book about bible study methods =P We were talking about that today)


(Saved/sozo(Greek)) σῴζω
(To wash/Nipto (Greek))νίπτω
sozo has been one of my favorite words for a long time. I'm not sure when it started, but I reallly like it. More on that below. I decided today to go to Blue Letter Bible and look up what the Greek is for nipto. I knew that it meant "to wash" so I just put that into the search engine, looked for a verse in the New Testament (Important: The NT is written in Greek, OT in Hebrew. I wasn't going to find the Greek for a word in the OT (Which part of the bible is written in Aramaic?) =P There is a handy dandy little button that you can push. I believe it's the icon "C" that has a concordance/lexicon. It breaks down the verse into the different words in their original language. I think it's sweet. My sunday-school teacher, Matt, introduced BLB to me and my sisters, and I love it. I should tell him that :)
σῴζω (sozo/saved) is something that I kind of want to get a tattoo of at some point in my life. This is the point in my post where adults in my life (my parents/grandparents/any other adults (tee hee hee)) vehemently discourage me from getting a tattoo. =P We'll see. I'm still definitely not old enough to get a tattoo, but we'll see once the time comes. I think it's just a sweet reminder that we are saved. Not by our works but by the blood of Christ. SWEET. =D

John 3:9, 21. 9"How can this be?" Nicodemus asked. I tend to ask a lot of questions. It sometimes gets me in trouble with my classmates at school. They don't like it when I bring something up that they don't want to talk about in class. My teacher loves it, but my friends, not so much =P But sometimes we find ourselves asking "How can this happen?" or "Why did this happen?" Whenever questions like this come up, I love love LOVE this verse: Lamentations 3:37 "Can anything happen without the Lord's permission?" NLT How COOL is that. NOTHING happens without the Lord "decreeing" it as the NIV puts it. That verse has brought me tremendous peace when I've been dealing with something stressful or kind of off putting. It's great. I love it. I've gone to that verse multiple times. It's definitely a good one :)

Proverbs 28:23- He who rebukes a man will in the end gain more favor than he who has a flattering tongue. This is interesting to me, just because in the world that we live in today, it's not really "normal" to "rebuke" someone. We like to be all nice and kind to people. But in the end, the person who is kind of brutally honest, in a good way, will have more favor than a person who just kind of glosses over mistakes and things that need to be fixed. Interesting.

Revelation 22:20- He who testifies these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus. This verse just gives me chills. It's fantastic. He's coming soon. To be able to say "come, Lord Jesus" is fantastical. I love it. Annnnd I'm going to end with that :)

Come, Lord Jesus. Come.


No comments: