Saturday, February 27, 2010

NIPTO, Day 20

Right now I am sitting in my living room watching Olympic exhibition ice dancing/skating while my family figures out what we're actually going to watch tonight! It's going to be Monk or Psych, but we're not sure which yet. :) Looks like it'll be an episode of Monk. Oh yeah, my oldest sister is home annd she is the "treat boat," which is an extremely affectionate term in the Yackley home because she gets the ice cream, brownies, whatever sweets we have in our home. She might be the only one who is willing enough to actually get ice cream! So now I get to sit and eat moose-tracks ice cream with a brownie! =D I love my family and their love for sweets. It makes me think of last summer while we were in Georgia with my dad's family.

Us cousins

ate a FULL half gallon of Blue-Bell Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream
in 10 minutes
Ten people. Ten minutes. One half-gallon of ice cream later..... we were happy :)

It made me happy finding those pictures on facebook. =D It made me look through my cousin, uncle, father, and my pictures!


NIPTO-ooo.

Luke 23:20- Wanting to release Jesus, Pilate appealed to them again. I think that Pilate takes a lot of the blame for Jesus' death. But he really wanted to free Jesus because he said to the crowds "Why? What crime has this man committed? I have found in him no grounds for the death penalty. Therefore I will have him punished and then release him." in verse 22. But the people were extremely persistent, and therefore, Jesus was crucified. It's amazing how much power a crowd can have.

Proverbs 27:17- As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. This verse really compels me to really challenge myself and the other participants in NIPTO. When we challenge one another, we grow. Exciting, eh?

Revelation 21:4- He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away. How awesome is that?! No pain. No worries. Just to be in the presence of the LORD. YAHWEH. I can't even fathom it. It's fantastic.

Man. I need to SLEEP. Gotta get up early to do music at church tomorrow morning... or this morning by the time I'm actually posting this! Crazy.
Goodnight all!

No comments: