Sunday, February 21, 2010

NIPTO, Day 14

Gaaaah. I love those people at Encounter62 sooo so so much! They're so encouraging. I love it when we're real with each other and God. It's like.. hm... I should really think of a better word than this, but AMAZING. I can't even come up with words to describe tonight. It was fantabulawesticsome. That's right. Fantabulawesticsome.
So now I'm just chillin on my bed reading my bible and listening to the mix CD that Brandon made for us NIPTO-ers. Love it. =D The only negative thing I have to say about right now, is that it's almost 11 pm. I need to get more sleep than this! Anywho:

Luke 5:11- So they pulled their boats up on shore, left everything and followed [Jesus]. They left EVERYTHING. Everything. They left their livelihood, families, friends, everything. To follow Jesus. I wish I had the guts to do that.

Luke 5:16 (But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places to pray) also is amazing to me. Like, being able to go away somewhere LONELY to be with God... I wouldn't exactly classify that as "lonely" but okay, I get the picture of what he meant. This is something I really need to work on. Prayer is not a strong point of mine. I'm a strong "worshiper/reader" but prayer is hard for me. I am a very visual person who likes tangible things, and Jesus is not tangible... so I have to deal with it.

Proverbs 21:3- To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice. Sooo basically, it's better to do what is right without sacrifice than to do the wrong thing while sacrificing. I think that sometimes sacrifice comes with wrong motives because we want to see like we are doing the "right" thing, but we're just kinda doing it for show, ya know?

Revelation 14:5- No lie was found in their mouths; they are blameless. no lie. Not even one single stinking little tiny white lie? Nope. Blameless. Amazing. Again.


I think that today was a day about spiritual freedom and real-ness and not doing things in your own strength. This morning at church, we didn't have Sunday-school, so I was sitting in our Sunday-school room reading my One Year Bible and when I finished with the daily reading in that, I read some of The Heavenly Man (which is a RIDICULOUSLY amazing book. Go get it from your library. Read it. Be amazed) and the section that I read was about how Brother Yun was trying to do things in his own strength and how that got him landed in prison again. Then onto the actual "church" part of church. My dad was speaking today. Woooohoo for having a pastor for a father! =P (Yes. I am a PK... or as we like to call ourselves EK's (Pastor's kid... Elder's kid... same diff really.) But my dad talked on Galatians 5 which is basically about how we can't do things in our own strength and about having freedom in Christ. Then tonight at Encounter62 Brandon talked about being real with yourself and God and how freeing that really is. Sooo I think God's trying to tell me something. I'm listening. Are you?

I want to post my dad's sermon once he gets it posted on Vimeo :) It's a good one.



No comments: