Wednesday, February 17, 2010

NIPTO, Day 10

I think I'm becoming addicted to blogging. It has an addictive quality to it. Innnnnteresting. *strokes imaginary beard*

Okay... onto new things. I have been reading a One Year Bible "on my own." In the One Year Bible, you read from the Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms, and Proverbs every day. I was reading Leviticus in the OT today, and it struck me how crazy it was that whenever anyone sinned, they had to present an offering to the Lord. When we sin now, we simply ask God for forgiveness and it is granted to us. It wasn't like that then. But in the New Testament, we read about how God sent his son to die for us and to make a "new covenant" with the people so that we don't have to offer sacrifices day in and out. Struck me as interesting today.

Mark 9:23-24- "'If you can'?" said Jesus. "everything is possible for him who believes." Immediately the boy's father exclaimed, "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!" Unbelief/doubt are huge faith killers today. I think we should look at this man as an example of what we should do when we're facing unbelief/doubt: ask God to help us overcome it. God is faithful and will help us if we are really truly sincere.

Proverbs 17:17-A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. We as brothers and sisters in Christ are called to love at all times. Brothers are born to help their siblings. So as a family in Christ we are to help our family when they are in need.

Revelation 10:7- But in the days when the seventh angel is about to sound his trumpet, the mystery of God will be accomplished, just as he announced to his servants the prophets. This is interesting to me. The mystery of God will be accomplished. I don't know what that means really... because it's the mystery of God. Huh. That's one I'll have to think about, and possibly blog about later.

AH. It's later than I anticipated. It's time to get ready and do some SCHOOL. And go to class. And dance. Today's going to be a crazy day for me!

No comments: