Thursday, February 25, 2010

NIPTO, Day 18- REALLY long post. Brace yourself!

So I'm chilling at Panera right now! Woot. Love this place. Great atmosphere for just hanging out! I'm here for my date with God, so this might be a "random thoughts" post along with NIPTO.

I've been thinking about what Brandon said in the Mid-week YouTube service video. Thinking about thinking. It's not really something we do very often because we just think... without thinking about it? If that makes any sense at all. It does, but it doesn't. Thinking isn't something we would normally think that we need to think about.

This is the point that I go get a hot drink.
Okay. Hot drink: Check (DELICIOUS byy the way). Music: Check. Bible: Check. encounter62.blogspot.com up so I can see what the reading is for today: Check.

I feel like it's been forever since I've posted... and it has been a good 36 hours... which is too long if you ask me =P

Today I went with a friend from church to do a photo shoot at a day care. It was awesome. I'm not completely sure, but I think that might be what my calling is. I LOVE photography and working with kids. It was a lot of fun and it was good to see what it's really like to "work" as a photographer. I put quotes around "work" because it didn't SEEM like work. It was just fun for me! And to get paid to do what you love is just an extra bonus. I think it's great to do what you love without getting paid, but just to be able to do it for the glory of God. But getting paid? That's a sweet bonus. =D
We're doing another shoot at the same day care tomorrow, just different kids. I'm looking forward to it. I think it'll be super. I get to be a BUNNY wrangler. tee hee hee. I basically put the bunnies back in place when they move. It's actually kind of humorous. But not when they don't stay put AT ALL. Then it gets annoying. But it's still fun to work with the bunnies because they're soft and fuzzy... :) So tomorrow is another day of shooting kids and bunny wrangling. Should be good. The only bad thing about it is I have to get up like... wayyyy too early. My thinking on that is that no one should have to be awake before... 6:45 (because that's when I normally get up.) Having to get up before 6 is basically torture... especially since NO ONE in my house EVER gets up before 6. It's basically unheard of. (My dad might break that rule every once in a while, but that's my dad. He's insane... so it all makes sense.) But on these days that I do the photo shoots I have to get up EARLY. Like, 5:55. Yes. I set my alarm for 5:55 so I can hit snooze once... (or twice) and still have enough time to get ready. It's insane, but worth it. But I should really go to bed earlier if I have to get up that early... but I think I might just stay here at Panera until my sister is done working/closing and I might just go home with her... but she's not usually done until almost 10... so It's kind of a tricky situation... but then again, it is nice to just sit here and type. I'm enjoying this... if you hadn't noticed. I've written a tonnn more than I usually write. And I still haven't gotten to the NIPTO stuff yet... I'm wondering if I should make that a different post for that... Eh. No. haha. If you've read this far, then you'll probably make it to the end. I think I'm at the end of my stream of consciousness. Maybe.

Panera's Cafe Mochas are scrum-diddily-umptious!
Focus. NIPTO.

Ah. This is INSANE. I just read Luke and there are about 50 bazillion verses that I want to post... to limit myself or not... I don't have a TON of time... seeing as Panera is technically closed... but my sister works here, so it's okay if I hang out here until she's done right? I mean... her manager's girlfriend does it too... =P
Okay.

Luke 17:9-10- Would he thank the servant because he did what he was told to do? 10So you also, when you have done everything you were told to do, should say, 'We are unworthy servants; we have only done our duty.'"
We shouldn't expect praise when we do what we're supposed to. We're supposed to consider ourselves unworthy servants. We need to be humble. If someone does praise us, we shouldn't glorify ourselves. WE didn't do it. We shouldn't really even be doing stuff for people. We should be doing it for God. I mean... if someone asks you to do something that you're capable of, by all means do it. But don't do it just to do it. Do it to glorify God, whatever it is. This week I wrote "Geometry for Jesus" on the front of my Geometry notebook. I don't always like doing Geometry, but it's probably a skill I'll need to use if I am going to do stuff with photography. So I need to remember that I'm not just doing it to pass the class, I'm doing it so that maybe, someday, I can use it to glorify God. (I need to remember to write "Chemistry for Jesus" on the front of my chem notebook. That's another subject that isn't my favorite. But still useful in photography because of developing photos and whatnot.) wow. that evolved. And I think that might be all I'm going to post for Luke... let me look over the other verses I underlined.
18:7- And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? No. He won't. If you're calling out to God day and night He's going to listen to you. Don't despair. Psalm 42:11: Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God. =D (I also read Luke 19 today. That's scheduled for tomorrow. Oh well!)

Proverbs 25:11- A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of sliver. I'm a word person. I like words. I'm coming to like writing more... as you might be able to tell by the length of this post. So this verse stuck out to me because of the word aspect of it. I also noticed that it doesn't say "words" it says a "word." That's singular. (Thank you. It's been great.) One word can be like apples set in gold? Not quite sure what that means... I think it means it's beautiful... pleasing? Anyone care to clarify if you have any idea what this means? I'd appreciate it.

Also: Proverbs 25:28- Like a city whose walls are broken down is a man who lacks self-control. Whew. That's kinda heavy for being 14/15 words. (Depends if you count a hyphenated word as 1 or 2 words. =P) It just kinda makes you think more about being in control of your self and your thoughts and well... yourself. Again. Something to think about.

On to Revelation 18:2- With a mighty voice he shouted: "Fallen! Fallen is Babylon the Great! She has become a home for demons and a haunt for every evil spirit, a haunt for every unclean and detestable bird. If I'm not mistaken, Babylon was a GREAT city in its day. Aka... thousands of years ago. But in the days when the Lord will come, it will become this haunt for evil things. I think it was a spiritually significant city, but I'm not completely sure. I'd have to do some research. I think that's kind of significant though if Babylon was a spiritually significant city because things that were once spiritually significant to us can become this place for demons and evil to abide. Interesting.

I think that is ALL for today. Tonight. Whatever. Almost 3 hours after I started this post, I'm done. Kind of. ;)

P.S. I'm totally rocking out and dancing to my worship playlist for the week. While sitting in Panera. It's awesome. Here's a list of the songs if you want to listen too :)

Mighty to Save
Marvelous Light
Can You Hear Us?
Thank You For Hearing Me (Did NOT notice that those two were next to each other until RIGHT now. =P)
Your Love Will Never Change
Come and Listen
Turn Your Eyes
Beautiful
Lily of the Valley
Be Thou My Vision
More Than Life
The Stand
You'll Come
Where the Spirit Is(?)
Your Love Will Never Change.
(If you want more info on these songs you can leave a comment and I'll get you artists and whatnot :)

P. P. S. After reading this over again... skimming really. I have decided that I have a slight form of ADD... and probably OCD to go along with that. Crazy combo!

No comments: