Saturday, February 20, 2010

NIPTO, Day 13

Ahhh. The joys of having a quiet time in the middle of the day. This happens SUPER rarely for me, but today is an exception. (The fact that I have some time to kill before getting ready some more probably doesn't help =P)

Luke is probably my favorite gospel. It contains the most information about Jesus' birth and even before his birth. It has a lot to do with the women of the Bible (Mary, Jesus' mother, Elizabeth, John's mother etc.) It's a great book because, as a young girl, it's important to have role models. Real life, right now role models are good, but role models from the bible or history are just as important in my mind. So I'm excited that we're delving into Luke this week :) (BY the way. John the Baptist's birth is probably one of my favorite STORIES in the Bible. It's a wonderful story of God's faithfulness to his people.)
Luke 1:62- Then they made signs to his father, to find out what he would like to name the child. I would like to kindly point out that Zechariah was mute but could still hear, as far as I know. Why, oh why would they make signs to him to find out what he wanted to name the child. I think this verse is pretty hilarious =P

Luke 1:34- "How can this be," Mary asked the angel, "since I am a virgin?" I don't know about you, but I know that I would be per-itty freaked out if an angel came to me and said I was going to have a baby. Historians think that Mary was between 13-15 (closer to 13). That's kind of ridiculously young, but that's how things went back then. Mary had such great faith that I think that all girls/women should try to emulate. She was one of the greatest women of the bible... she was Jesus' mom after all!

Proverbs 20:18- Make plans by seeking advice; if you wage war, obtain guidance. Ahhh advice. Guidance. Wonderful things to seek. I hope that someday I will be wise enough that someone will come to me for advice. Mentoring is something that I really aspire to do. (This kind of goes with the role models thing :)

Revelation 13:9- He who has an ear, let him hear. Hm. We all have ears. We should hear what God has to say. ;)


Now I am off to the ball! Or at least to get ready for the ball. The Celtic Ball to be precise. Celtic/Scottish/Irish dancing. LOVELY! (I also want to learn how to ball-room-dance. Have I mentioned that before? Not sure if I have)

Hope you have a lovely afternoon/evening/day!

No comments: