Tuesday, February 23, 2010

NIPTO, Day 16

Luke 10:41- "Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her." I think if Jesus said my name TWICE... I would listen. But I'm also pretty sure that if Jesus were coming to visit me or was visiting me, I'd be in a tizzy like Martha was. Martha was busy cooking and cleaning, but her sister, Mary, was just sitting by Jesus' feet listening to what he had to say. I would yell at my sister too if she weren't helping me. But we need to remember what we really need to do, and that is to sit at Jesus' feet to listen to what he has to say.

Proverbs 23:12, 18- 12Apply your heart to instruction and your ears to words of knowledge. I've been trying to really listen to people who are wise and are full of knowledge because there is so much to learn from the wise. 18There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off. This is just an encouraging thought. No matter how hopeless things seem there is surely a future hope and it will not be cut off.

Revelation 16:15- "Behold, I come like a thief! Blessed is he who stays awake and keeps his clothes with him, so that he may not go naked and be shamefully exposed." A reminder that no one knows when God's going to come back. Be ready.

I've been listening to the worship mix that Brandon made for us pretty much non-stop. I burned the disc to my computer and put the songs on my phone which also acts as my iPod/MP3 player. It's been a great reminder of how amazing God is. Love it!

No comments: