Monday, February 22, 2010

NIPTO, Day 15

*yawn* Today has been an amazing day. I'm still kind of running on that Jesus High from last night, but talking about Pride and Prejudice in Lit Class today made me super happy as well. If you ask my sister, I was jumping up and down in my seat... and giggling like a maniac.... people were staring. Well. Mainly the guy in my class who HATES P&P. But whatever. Heh. :)

I feel so in love with life right now. It feel like last night was just uber freeing for me. I guess I act kind of fake around certain people. Annnd so I'm going to try to fix that. While I was praying last night, I grabbed my bible and found an index card that I got at LT 2-maybe 3- years ago. Thinking back to the night that I got it, I remember them saying that the staffers at LT prayed over these verses on the index cards that they would really speak to the students that received them. My card has Ephesians 1:18-19 on it: "I pray that the eyes of your heart my be enlightened, so that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power towards us who believe." That verse is just special to me now thanks to that night 2 or 3 years ago :)

whew. onto actual NIPTO stuff now? haha
This week we were told to read the passages as if it is the first time we're reading them. Just reading through the first... 15 verses of Luke 7, it's ridiculous. I don't know if I would believe what I was reading because, come on, Jesus really raised this guy from the dead as he was being carried out of the city in a coffin? REALLY? Yup. Crazy.

Luke 7:9b- "I tell you, I have not found such great faith even in Israel." 7:50- Jesus said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you; go in peace." 8:25a- "where is your faith?" he asked his disciples. 8:48- Then he said to her "Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace." The word "faith" jumped out at me in these four verses. I decided to go to Blue Letter Bible, which my Sunday-school teacher Matt has used before to show us some stuff, to look up the Greek word for "faith" to see if they were the same in all four verses. It was the same. The word, if you were curious is pistis or, in actual Greek, πίστις. I found this interesting, just because it is. Matt would be so proud of me! haha

Proverbs 22:6- Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it. What happens to us when we're young affects us for the rest of our lives. We're still young and therefore we need to be careful of what we do and say because it will stay with us for the rest of our lives.

Revelation 15:4- Who will not fear you, O Lord, and bring glory to your name? For you alone are holy. All nations will come and worship before you, for your righteous acts have been revealed. All nations will come and worship before the Lord. It's going to be an incredible thing to participate in really. I'm looking forward to that day more and more :)

Well, I think I might go play some Wii with my sister now! Or I might go to bed... Is going to bed at 9 pm lame? You tell me.
Press on!



2 comments:

SciFiSpeedster said...

Hmmm... so some people DO still have blogs.

What's NIPTO?
-Caleb

Abby said...

Oh yes, people still do have blogs.

NIPTO is a discipleship program that I'm doing with Katie F's church.
NIPTO means Washed in Greek. So. Yeah. :)