Thursday, February 11, 2010

NIPTO, Day 4

I should really come up with better titles for these posts... I'll think about that...

Matthew 13:23- But the one who received the seed that fell on good soil is the man who hears the word and understands it. He produces a crop,yielding a hundred, sixty, or thirty times what was sown. I want to be "good soil." I want to produce a large crop. I just kind of feel like I have no way of doing that because I'm home-schooled and don't really do much outside of school with non-Christians. God will provide something for me. He always does.

Matthew 16:26- What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul? TobyMac has a great song called "Lose my soul" that has this scripture in it. The verse says it perfectly. What good will it be if you gain the whole world, but you have to give up your soul instead? Why not gain the whole Kingdom of God? That sounds sweet to me!

Proverbs 11:16- A kind hearted woman gains respect, but ruthless men gain only wealth. Huh. Kinda strange analogy... But I guess I'll just strive to be a kind hearted woman who gains respect ;)

Revelation 4:8- Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under his wings. Day and night they never stop saying:
"Holy, holy, holy
Is the Lord God Almighty,
Who was, and is, and is to come."
Revelation Song ladies and gentlemen. There is a great song based off of this phrase that I've sung at conferences, and I believe, though I'm not sure, that it was on the Encounter62 website at some point... I'll have to check my facts :)

This morning I was doing my daily stationary biking and either reading my One Year Bible or worshiping. I made a "Worship" playlist on my phone (which doubles as my "iPod") and was listening to it this morning. One of the songs is "Getting Into You" by Relient K. The chorus is really great, so here it is:

I'm getting into you
Because you got to me, in a way words can't describe
I'm getting into you
Because I've got to be
You're essential to survive
I'm going to love you with my life






No comments: