Wednesday, February 24, 2010

NIPTO, Day 17

It's snowing. I love the snow! Except when it ruins plans... but it seems like this snow shouldn't ruin plans... maybe. =P


I can't take credit for this next "passage" if you will. I can't even take credit for
finding it. It was in a message sent out through His face/His book (a group on facebook that did daily, now weekly, devotionals. I would recommend that you join! Always some good thoughts goin' on :) and I thought that it was super duper, so here it is.

It was written by someone named Horace Bushnell. But it was exactly what I needed to hear and I thought you might need to hear it too.

"This everlasting and compunctious study of duty--duty to everybody, everywhere, every day--it keeps you questioning all the while, rasping in a torment of debates and compunctions, till you almost groan aloud for weariness. It is as if your life itself were slavery. And then you say, with a sigh, `Oh, if I had nothing to do but just to be with Christ personally, and have my duty solely as with Him, how sweet and blessed and secret and free would it be.' Well, you may have it so; exactly this you may do and nothing more!

Sad mistake that you should ever have thought otherwise! What a loss of privilege has it been! Come back then to Christ, retire into the secret place of His love, and have your whole duty personally as with Him. Only then will you make this very welcome discovery, that, as you are personally given up to Christ's person, you are going where He goes, helping what He does, keeping ever dear, bright company with Him, in all His motions of good and sympathy, refusing even to let Him suffer without suffering with Him. And so you will do a great many more duties than you even think of now; only they will all be sweet and easy and free, even as your love is."


Luke 15:8-10- 8"Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Does she not light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? 9And when she does find it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.' 10In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents." When a person comes into a relationship with God and they confess their sin, there is rejoicing in the presence of angels. It doesn't say that the angels rejoice, which I'm sure that they do, but God rejoices in the presence of his angels.

Proverbs 24:6 for waging war you need guidance, and for victory many advisors. I'm pretty sure that this verse has been applied to my sister who is at Kent State University. She has 5 advisors. Spanish, French, Education, Honors, and Dad. I think that she'll have victory. :)

There was not a verse in Revelation 17
that stuck out to me, but the chapter struck me because it is not a pretty picture. A lot of times the bible is portrayed as a book that can and should be read to children... when adapted. But the bible isn't really that innocent. There's a lot of gory stuff in there and I think that's something that we need to remember.

I hope you're having a fantastic day and that it is an encouraging one! :)

No comments: