Friday, February 19, 2010

NIPTO, Day 12

[I started this this morning, and did not really even start, so now at 9 PM I'm finishing this... or starting it. Whichever way you want to look at it] *yawn* good morning/evening. Today is/was another day. Profound. I know. I'm chock full of profound thoughts like that.... Onto my "profound" thoughts for today's reading!

Mark 14:36- "Abba, Father," he said, "everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will."
Mark 15:34- And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachtani?"--Which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" These verses are uber powerful. Jesus didn't want to do this. He tells God, his father, that in the first verse. But he was still blameless and wanted what was best for the long run, so he was able to say "Yet not what I will, but what you will." Crazy. It's SO hard to just give up what you want and let God prevail in your life. Something I'm working on.

Proverbs 19:21- Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails. Again. Something that I need to work on. Well. I guess this verse kind of conveys that, no matter what our plans our, God's purpose will always prevail. Which is comforting.

Revelation 12:10-12 - Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: "Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Christ. For the accuser of our brothers, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down. They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death. Therefore rejoice, you heavens and you who dwell in them! but woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has gone down to you! he is filled with fury, because he knows that his time is short." Dude. God threw Satan out of heaven. And Satan was mad about it. But we've overcome him by the blood of the Lamb. Which is sweet. Good things to meditate on. :)

Goodnight alll!


No comments: