Wednesday, February 10, 2010

NIPTO, Day 3

It do be day three!

Matthew 9:10-12 - 10While Jesus was having dinner at Matthew's house, many tax collectors and "sinners" came and ate with him and his disciples.11When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, "Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and 'sinners'?" 12On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick.
I think that a lot of times, Christians tend to be doctors to the healthy because they don't want to deal with the sick because they are the "tax collectors and 'sinners.'"
We need to remember in our Christian lives to be doctors to the "sick" and to the healthy who have a cold as well.

Proverbs 10:12- Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers over all wrongs.
This kind of takes me back to the Chipotle Bible Study on Friday night when we were talking about loving those who hate you/your enemies. If you hate someone who has done wrong to you, it's just going to "stir up dissension." But if you love those who hate you and persecute you, they'll (hopefully) eventually see that you're not holding anything against them and that you really do love them. Love, as stated in Harry Potter (=P), is a powerful tool that is a HUGE testimony to those who wrong you.

Revelation 3:5- He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.
If you overcome sin... God will acknowledge that and you will be in the book of life. How exciting is that?! That is something to look forward to. Being dressed in white and to be with God forever!! I know that's something I'll be trying to think about today as I'm doing school and am at dance!

Today the focus of prayer is on leaders. That's a broad subject! Everything from the leaders of our country to our pastors to our principals to whoever else you can think of that is a leader! Leaders in this day and age need a lot of prayer! So get prayin! =P

Memory verse of the day! Philippians 4:13- I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

I hope you have a good day! I know I'm going to :)
Peace out.

No comments: