Thursday, May 20, 2010

NIPTO, Day 102

Good morning lovely blog readers! (Good afternoon to my sister :P)


On the way home from dance last night, my sister and I were singing this song. And so I thought it would make a good blog video. (Not me and my sister singing it! haha)

 
Its a good song. I really like to sing it. Their costumes in this movie are ridiculous. Especially when you take them out of context.

Uhg. I'm sore from dance last night. I don't think we really did anything out of the ordinary, but I think I pushed myself harder. So I'm sore. My back is especially sore... huh.

It's kind of funny. Because 100 Days of Holiness could be over if I had started with NIPTO. Wow. Starting NIPTO seems like forever ago. It was 3 months ago. Which is kind of a long time. That seems not so long ago, but it was. Weird. Today is Day 18 of 100DOH. Which is over 2 weeks. Time goes by so fast. Adults always tell me that time goes by even faster when you're older. But I'm not sure if that's completely true. That devotional reminds me of the NewsBoys song "I Am Free"
I miss Peter Furler as the front man of NB. Michael Tate just isn't quite the same.

I'm still reading A Million Miles in a Thousand Years. It's still really good. It's all about stories. And how we're living and stuff. It's good stuff. I was reading last night before I went to bed and there was a paragraph that was fantastic. Let me see if I can find it. Found it:

"The most often repeated commandment in the Bible is 'Do not fear.' It's in there over two hundred times. That means a couple of things, if you think about it. It means we are going to be afraid, and it means we  shouldn't let fear boss us around. Before I realized we were supposed to fight fear, I thought of fear as a subtle suggestion in our subconscious designed to keep us safe, or more important, keep us from getting humiliated. And I guess it serves that purpose. But fear isn't only a guide to keep us save; it's also a manipulative emotion that can trick us into living a boring life." - Donald Miller

It's just stuff like that. It's a really good book. Go put it on hold at the library. It's a good book. READ IT! 'Kay? 'Kay.

You know how sometimes they say "It's go time"? Well. I'm going to start using the abbreviation for NIPTO and start saying "It's N'O time"! hahah I'm so funny. I know. =P

So this is only 4 verses. But I think there's something powerful to be said in them. These four verses are a doxology. A doxology, by definition, is and expression of praise to God. So here I gooo

Romans 11:33-36
 33Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
      How unsearchable his judgments,
      and his paths beyond tracing out!

God's wisdom goes beyond anything we can discern. We aren't at all able to find out on our own why he does things. His paths are our paths, but sometimes we don't know where they're going. But God knows. 


 34"Who has known the mind of the Lord?
      Or who has been his counselor?"

The answer is no one. No one knows the mind of God. No one can tell God what to do. It's just how it is. He's that amazing. 


 35"Who has ever given to God,
      that God should repay him?"

You might be tempted to say, "I've given to God. He should repay me!" But in reality, anything that we've given to God, he's given to us first. Any praise we give to God is us giving him no less than he deserves. 
This makes me think a little bit more. Do we give God enough? I think the answer is no, we can never give God enough. Well. Maybe that's not true. If you fully, and I mean fully, give your life to God, that's enough. But I'm talking everything. Every thought, every action, every emotion. It all has to belong to God. 
Are we capable of that? I don't know. What do you think? 


36For from him and through him and to him are all things.
      To him be the glory forever! Amen.


From him. Through him. To him. All things are. 
See? We can't give him any less than everything we are because he gave everything to us. Crazy, isn't it?
To God be the glory forever and ever. 
Amen. 


My dad is on the phone with people from LT (Life Training) right now. They're discussing LT stuff. It's exciting!
I've been thinking about how I'm going to blog while I'm at LT... I'll probably have internet access. But will I have my computer? No idea. Will I have free time every day? Probably not. I'd have to get up early to do this... or stay up even later. (I'd probably opt to get up early!)
It'll be a challenge... but I think it'll be good.
I think I'm going to eat breakfast and read more of A Million Miles in a Thousand Years... And then do school stuff. And then graduation party stuff. Yup yup!

I'll be back tomorrow!

No comments: