Monday, May 3, 2010

Smiles and Laughter

That's all it took.

Paige and I were sitting outside on the driveway. I was playing guitar and we were both singing.

There's a Serbian family that lives next door. They have 4 daughters. The youngest two are probably 3 and 4...  Ana is 4, and Sophia is 3. I think.
They speak no English. But Paige, Katie and I had SOOO much fun playing with them just now!

It started with Paige playing peek-a-boo from far away with them. They would come to the edge of the driveway (on the opposite side) and then they would run away laughing and screaming.
Then they got closer... and they would strum my guitar a little bit. And then go push Paige.
Then Katie got home from soccer practice and came up and she brought bubbles with her. So we blew bubbles for quite a while. Then we got out the sidewalk chalk and drew for a while.
Then, before we knew it, it was 9 o'clock. And I had to go inside, so I took Ana up to her house. I told her sister to tell her that I had fun playing with her. She just nodded =P

It was so much fun! We couldn't talk to each other, but we could still communicate.
Thought I would tell you about it :)

No comments: