Thursday, May 13, 2010

NIPTO, Day 95

I think this is important for you to know.
I have an extreme love-hate relationship with my computer.
There are times when it's simply the best. And there are other times (like now... or over Thanksgiving) that I am dissatisfied. Like right now: My computer doesn't have sound. I've tried all my normal "tricks" and probably just have to restart. But I don't want to restart. I shouldn't have to restart. But I know that I will... because I have to for school. (I run Linux on my laptop and the computer-based math program that I use won't run on Linux. Sooo I have to boot my computer into Windows to do math... which is basically restarting my computer. Tada!)

I do like how warm my computer is.... Thinking about it, it's probably not good for it to get as warm as it sometimes does... but it's nice on winter days =P

I love my computer because it functions. I'm glad I can use it for school and leisure. But when there's a new viral video (Paparazzi, anyone? (Seriously viral video. 7,000,000 something views this morning... 10,000,000 views by now. CRAZY. But the kid's good. Watch that video. It's good)) that you want to watch, it's annoying when you don't have sound! hahaha. Kinda lame, right? (There are other things I want to watch/listen to... like the IGNITE breakout audio... can't listen to that right now. Bummah. Guess it'll have to wait til later or tomorrow... which is later. haha.)

Today is Day 11 of 100 Days of Holiness. (I like the Bible version they use... it might be the message, it might just be someone paraphrasing... but I like it.) I think you should know that the title of today's devotional is "Jesus is my BFF" which I lovee. Idk, my bff jill? haha. Old commercial. Well. Not that old. If you don't remember it, enjoy...


I haven't posted many videos recently... so I think I'm going to do another one. It's not really a "Christian" video, but it's a really good song. I saw that my friend, Anna, liked them a lot. I usually like the music she likes, so I decided to check out the video that she had posted. It's a really good song. These people have amazing voices! So listen and check out more of The Civil Wars' music. It's good.

I really love the way that this music video plays out. It's cool. :D

MAN! I haven't even gotten to the best part yet: MY SISTER IS HOME! I'm excited to hang out with her. And slack on school. And hang out with her. I mean, she's leaving for Germany on Saturday. (CRAZY.) So I have to spend as much time with her as possible, right? Yeah. I do. She's actually blogging her "Quest" if you will. You can check out her blog here! She's a good writer. Better than me prolly =P
I'm going to miss her while she's in Germany, but I'm excited for her too :) Love you! Hopefully she'll be able to keep up with us via Skype/blogs/facebook!

Piano and dance were good yesterday. I feel motivated to practice piano again. After having a kind of downer lesson 2 weeks ago, I had a fantastic lesson yesterday where we actually got to work on making music!
Dance was good too. We worked on the finale dance... to Pants on the Ground. Ohhhh my. SO funny. I'm looking forward to this! haha I'll try to post video or something at some point! It's a fun dance.

Alright. Coming down from sillines: NIPTO.

Romans 10:5-13
5Moses describes in this way the righteousness that is by the law: "The man who does these things will live by them."

Moses is describing the righteousness obtained by the law. Kind of. That's not really what I see it as. But I guess it is. I'm not really sure what I see that as... If you obey the law, you live by it... which gives righteousness? I guess... 
I'm taking things slightly out of context and I think I'm confusing myself. Ohhh dear. =P

6But the righteousness that is by faith says: "Do not say in your heart, 'Who will ascend into heaven?'" (that is, to bring Christ down) 7"or 'Who will descend into the deep?'" (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).

So that was righteousness by the law. This is righteousness by faith. Which is the kind of righteousness we have. Basically, in righteousness by faith, don't question [a King's grammar!] God. [Veggie Tales reference, if you missed why that was in brackets] Aka don't question God's abilities. He'll take care of it. Don't worry. (Be happy.) God will take care of the raising Jesus from the dead thing. He'll take care of your every day needs too. Crazy cool, huh?


8But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart," that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming:



God's word is all around us. It is in our mouths and hearts. [wouldn't that be fantastic if that were completely true?! If we were completely immersed in this fantabulousness? That's kind of what we're trying to accomplish with NIPTO. I want God's word to be in my heart and on my tongue.]


9That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.


Verse 9 is part of the "Romans Road." (According to the website I just visited (google isn't always the best resource, but hey! I'm trying =P) verse 10 is part of the "road" too.) And it seems like it gets taken out of context a lot. So here's to not taking things out of context! (Except for the fact that I am because I realized that that would be a super long "analyzation" section that you probably wouldn't like to/want to read. I'm just breaking it into smaller chunks =P)
Verses 9 is the basics of being "saved."  Verse 10 kind of explains how it's the basics. You have to really believe in your heart that Jesus died and that God raised him from the dead. You have to believe that Jesus was really Lord. Then there's the "confession." 
Max Lucado tweeted this today: Confession is telling God you did the thing he saw you do. He doesn't need to hear it as much as you need to say it.
I think that applies. God knows that you really believe. But you need to say it out loud. Just for your own sake. God hears you. Even when you're unable to talk, he hears you. But yeah. I'm not sure if this is making a ton of sense. I hope it is. *crosses fingers*


11As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame."
 

There is great promise in this verse. Kind of. I mean, there is. But there are slight conditions that go with it. Or at least there are conditions the way I see it. But maybe not. Let me think/type this out: Whoever trusts in God will not be put to shame. Someone who trusts in God may be shamed by things. But I think this is getting at the fact that whoever trusts in God should never be put to shame/feel ashamed of the gospel. I think. I could be completely wrong. Let me know your thoughts. Really. I'd love to hear them. Feedback is fantastic. (It's also uuber encouraging. Trust me. If you have a blog, you know the feeling =P)

12For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." 

Booyaaaah to Paul! Kudos. Creds. Whateves we do be sayin' these days. (Sorry. Got my white gangsta on... it doesn't work. I know. (I have to do a dance to Pants on the Ground (that I totally forget... OOPS) for heavens sake! I'm not gangsta... but I'll try my best! haha))
Oh! but look! The same Lord is the Lord of those who are actually gangsta and those who are fail-tastically white gangsta. Bad analogy that doesn't really work. I know. Sorry. It's late. The time is getting to me! But really, seriously, God does not discriminate. Everyone discriminates at least a little bit. But God doesn't. Jesus didn't when he was on earth. He loved everyone unconditionally. I think that's a message that I'm getting. That I need to love everyone I come into contact with unconditionally. As humans we sometimes put little tiny conditions on love. Which stinks. Because we should be able to love everyone unconditionally because that's how God loved us. But we don't because of that stupid sin-nature thing. 


I may or may not be making sense anymore. It's late. I need to go to sleep. I'm supposed to be getting up in something like 6 hours... I think I'm setting my alarm for a little bit later... and I'm not going to get on facebook before I do NIPTO. (I would never do that anyways. I'm so perfect. HAH! Funny, right? Yeah. I know it is. Me. Perfect. It almost makes you want to write "LOLZ" but it doesn't. Pretend I never wrote that. SEE?! It's late. I'm stopping now. GOODNIGHT BLOG READERS!
Much love,

No comments: